Thread: Slashes */* allowed in Unix Mac os X but not Ubuntu

Beans

Slashes */* allowed in Unix Mac os X but not Ubuntu

I have received an infraction or something for double posting in forums and hope I don't receive another one now.

So I'll keep it simple

So that I don't double post [which I am on the fence of doing by typing this and probably am infracting now] I will just supply this link.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...47#post8364447

Perhaps some kind Ubuntu forum master could consolidate or move that link to this forum [to me that would be so very kind as any Ubuntu forum moderator could simply give me another infraction for this post - sorry].

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Slashes */* allowed in Unix Mac os X but not Ubuntu

You can ask a moderator to move the original thread and consolidate it with this one by clicking on the "Report Abuse" button on your own post and sending a message. Fear not! The "report abuse" label is slightly misleading. Although that is its primary function, You can use it to ask for your own thread to be moved. I've often seen this recommended by moderators. If you don't do this you will be waiting for a moderator to happen by this thread. With such a busy forum, this may not happen.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.