Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Beans

Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Alright, that worked for tapping w/ 2 fingers to act like the wheel click, but the fn + f9 still didn't work for me after unchecking that in mouse preferences.

Beans

You should debug the script for your setup. Since you haven't provided any details of your problem, I can give you some generic advice. Start with this:

Code:
    xinput list | grep 'ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad' | sed -n -e's/.*id=\([0-9]\+\).*/\1/p'
    It should output the id=xx line from:
    Code:
    xinput list
    After comparing that, you can move on to trying to disable it manually with the commands from the script. Replace xx with the number returned from the xinput list.

To disable:
    Code:
    xinput set-int-prop xx "Synaptics Off" 8 1
    To enable:
    Code:
    xinput set-int-prop xx "Synaptics Off" 8 0
    This should get you started. There is probably a small difference somewhere in the way your system is reporting things that must be changed in the script.

Beans

Still no change. Did it exactly as you explained. I'm not too worried about that function working, but if you want to keep searching for why it isn't working like it should, I will help out however I can.

Beans

Yeah I didn't mean that to be a fix, it was just a way of seeing if part of the script is working as it should. If you want to paste the output of the first two commands it'll show if it's working as expected. If you can't disable and enable it manually that's an entirely different story... you didn't say whether that worked or not.

Beans

I've create a small shell script to turn on/off the touchpad in my Asus K72F, based on the suggestion of the first pages of this thread.

My script is a toggle script, once you execute it, it switches the Device Enable state between 0 and 1.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

devicename="ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse"
    propname="Device Enabled"
    # get property sting
    enableprop=$( xinput list-props "$devicename" | grep -i "$propname" )
    # extract last charater, this is the value
    enablestate=${enableprop: -1} 

# switch state
    if [ $enablestate -eq 0 ]; then
    	setstate=1
    else
    	setstate=0
    fi

#set state
    xinput set-int-prop "$devicename" "$propname" 8 $setstate
    Don't forget to set it executable.

I've attached this script to a hotkey in my Ubuntu, so now it's works as I want.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

It looks like you haven't patched your psmouse module, your script is for the incorrectly recognized logitech wheel mouse. There are patches available that should make your elantech touchpad recognized. I posted instructions here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...01#post9175201

Good luck!

Beans

Yes, I've seen that, but wanted to omit the patching. I've seen it already available in 2.6.34-rc7 kernel, so i was thinking that this workaround is enough for me, while your patch reaches a stable kernel and my ubuntu get's updated automatically. Am I right? Will it be available in the stable kernels later on?

Beans

Yep if you install 2.6.34 (or later) all you need is to create /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf and add the line: options psmouse force_elantech=1

That will fix it upon reboot. To avoid rebooting, after doing the above:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe -r psmouse
    sudo modprobe psmouse force_elantech=1
    I mentioned that in my post with the patching instructions, but I repeated it here anyway. Good luck!

Beans
    Hidden!

Wow, I just read through this entire thread and near panicked. But instead of doing the patches I just did Lupus78's touchpadonoff.sh script and bound it to Alt-T and it works great for disabling the touchpad while I type. That is the only problem I have with my ASUS K50ij. I'll stick with that until the kernel is fixed in updates.

I have to thank those who spend hours making all this work, like Allurgroceries.

Beans

Smile Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

ASUS X5DIJ

Just tried the fix posted by ALLurGroceries on my ASUS X5DIJ which was driving me mad. Sanity restored. Even "Mines" is possible ! Thanks.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast