Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Beans

Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

@mkquist pwd stands for print working directory, it returns the full path of your current working directory

I haven't subscribed to this thread in ages, I'll try reading backwards when I have more time... oops.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

The new 2.6.32-33 kernel adds Elantech support in Lucid, but completely breaks the previously decent touchpad functionality. Have to use the following in the startup apps:
    Code:
    synclient TapButton1=1 TapButton2=2 TapButton3=3 AreaBottomEdge=700 AreaLeftEdge=25 AreaRightEdge=1125
    Last edited by mikewhatever; July 16th, 2011 at 03:29 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bender2k14 View Post
    These instructions didn't work for me and now my touchpad doesn't work at all.

When executing the last instruction, I get:
    Code:
    tyson@tyson-netbook:~/src/linux-source-2.6.31$ sudo modprobe psmouse
    FATAL: Error inserting psmouse (/lib/modules/2.6.31-20-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko): Invalid module format
    Why didn't it work?
    I received a similar error when doing sudo modprobe psmouse in step 8. However, I could regain control by issuing the sudo insmod psmouse.ko command from within the directory ~/src/linux-source-2.6.38/drivers/input/mouse.

For me the fix was to
    [CODE] sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf
    [CODE/]
    and comment out the line 'options psmouse force_elantech=1' like so....
    [CODE]#options psmouse force_elantech=1
    [CODE/]

This was a remnant from an earlier attempt to get my Elantech touchpad recognized correction on my Samsung QX410. With the current patch I now have two finger scrolling (hor/vert), palm recognition, two finger tap which simulates right click, and click and drag. I am missing edge scrolling in both directions (prolly something in the config), and of course pinch to expand (which is not yet available to my knowledge)...

FYI, I am a very enthusiastic noob, and this is my first ever post, so be gentle.

Thanks ALLurGroceries for an excellent tutorial!

Beans

The solution on page 5 works for the Samsung RF711 with Ubuntu 11.04 if you use the patches found here inside posts 49 and 50. Both batches must be applied.

Beans

the how to on page 5 dont worked for me. Im using kernel 2.6.38-10-generic and the elan-tocuhpad is recogniced as PS/2 Generic Mouse. Just adding the line "options psmouse force_elantech=1" to /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.conf changed nothing.
    Should I do the howto?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Same problem here chromos, someone made a gdeb package too, but I have yet to find it, it's x86-64.

Beans

Elantech problems and most other ones are solved by cucisan....check out http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1791081

Beans

There is a dkms which ads support to the natty kernel
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/681904
    Install it, know it gets recognized as Elantech mousepad.

There is another bug in Ubuntu natty which swaps the right and middleclick buttons also scroll isn't working.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...on/+bug/563276

Therefore you need this PPA for natty
    https://launchpad.net/~o.shybystyi/+...s-daemon-natty

Now I can enable scroll and configure the touchpad buttons in the mouse configuration menu at the tab : touchpad.

All working fine, now
    Last edited by Lamko; September 14th, 2011 at 03:16 PM.

Beans

I'm having similar issues. Mousepad was finally detected but I can't get synclient or the touchpad tab to work.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11770109

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by absolutezero1287 View Post
    I have the same touchpad on my Lenovo Ideapad Z560. What worked for me was the following:
    Code:
    sudo rmmod psmouse
    sudo modprobe psmouse proto=imps
    In order to make the change permanent you must add a file to /etc/modprobe.d/. The file must have .conf at the end. I named my file touchpad.conf. The file must have the following line:
    options psmouse proto=imps

Hope this helps.
    FYI, if the above file has ever been added to "/etc/modprobe.d", it will, in my case anyway (eee PC 901 with Debian Squeeze loaded), prevent the touchpad from being recognized as an Elantech touchpad. If you're having this problem, I'd check for this file, first.

IHTHS!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast