Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Beans

Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Quote Originally Posted by QuanTime View Post
    If i ever meet you, ill buy you a beer !
    1.Use post #73 of this topic to reenable the touchpad fn key.
    2. About the two-finger scroll. I have been messing with this all morning. I managed to put this into xorg.conf a few posts up I posted mine. Make sure you match the identifier label with the same string that you get from xinput list (ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad). With synclient -l you can get a list with all available options.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Those are the exact thing i wanted fixed, now my touchpad is working 100% the way i want.

Will these synclient options persist, or do i have to re-do them every time ? Reboot / etc.. Can i just have a script on startup to change them and somehow "lock" them ? Just adding the appropriate switches in Input Devices in my xorg.conf, is that enough for em to stick ?
    Last edited by QuanTime; May 12th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

Beans

Those are the exact thing i wanted fixed, now my touchpad is working 100% the way i want.

Will these synclient options persist, or do i have to re-do them every time ? Reboot / etc.. Can i just have a script on startup to change them and somehow "lock" them ? Just adding the appropriate switches in Input Devices in my xorg.conf, is that enough for em to stick ?
    I have them in xorg.conf but that was a mess to get working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you very much ALLurGroceries for your step-by-step how-to and making the hotkeys on my UL30a work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thank you VERY much ALLurGroceries!!
    I've added your guide to this post, it's a tips collection for Asus UL30A, but most of the tips are valid for every notebook with > 2GB ram.

You can add synclient commands in a new entry in System -> Preferences -> Startup Applications, I use this:

Code:
    synclient MinSpeed=1 MaxSpeed=1 AccelFactor=0 TapButton2=2 TapButton3=3
    Look at "TOUCHPAD" section of the post I've linked on top.

Beans

force_elantech works with the latest Ubuntu kernel then? The patches must've been backported? If that's true let me know and I'll update my post. I can't test it cause I run Debian with a custom kernel. Cheers.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ALLurGroceries View Post
    force_elantech works with the latest Ubuntu kernel then? The patches must've been backported? If that's true let me know and I'll update my post. I can't test it cause I run Debian with a custom kernel. Cheers.
    No, I run Lucid with 2.6.34 kernel through a repository (look at my post). I don't tink they've backported them...
    Regards!

Beans
    Distro

If you have problems to make tap button fix permanent, look here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=129

Beans

Is it possible to do this fix on Ubuntu 9.10? Can I just upgrade the kernel to 2.6.34?

Beans

You can try it, there's no harm done to your system as long as you don't copy the module if it doesn't work. You can also upgrade the kernel to 2.6.34.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast