Thread: Capture Video With Black Magic Intensity Pro

Hybrid View

Beans

Capture Video With Black Magic Intensity Pro

I have downloaded and installed the drivers and made sure it is working and running properly.

The only thing I can't find is a program that will record from it. Anyone has any suggestions on which programs to use?

FYI:
    Windows 7 / Ubuntu 9.10 dual boot
    Intel Ci7 920
    1TB - Partitioned for Windows 7 and Ubuntu
    750GB - Backup
    3TB Raid 0
    12GB DDR3 RAM

Also, how do I make it that I can view and use my RAID system. It works fine in Windows but now in Ubuntu which is a first. (P.S. Asus Rampage II does not have any linux drivers for any RAID software)

Thanks a lot guys, I tried searching the forums/google but have found nothing except old articles of people complaining that blackmagic has never made any linux drivers. Now that there is drivers I can't seem to find a good program that can utilize the device. Kino doesn't work because it uses firewire. I tried KDenLive but I can't seem to get video4linux2 to work? I have no clue on how to use FFMPEG from the command line. Any other suggestions? I tried installing cinelerra but it did not appear in my applications -> sound and video> tab.

Beans

Re: Capture Video With Black Magic Intensity Pro

Never mind, I'm an idiot. They already have a program I can interface with to record. My only concern now is how am I able to view the RAID drive? I can see it in Windows but not on Ubuntu.

Beans

I am looking to buy one of these.... did you figure out your RAID issue?

Beans

Now its easy to capture from the Blackmagic Intensity Cards on Linux , by using the blackmagic gstreamer source , made available by Media-Magic Technologies. More info @ http://mediamagictechnologies.com/products.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I thought the BlackMagic supported Linux anyway?

Beans

Sure Blackmagic supports Linux drivers, but I was mentioning about the gstreamer plugin that would help the user to capture blackmagic data in gstreamer applications seemlessly.