Thread: Support of new hardware creates flat satisfation curve

Beans

Support of new hardware creates flat satisfation curve

Gents:

In migrating ( under duress ) from 9.04 to KK_9.1 I was surprised at how well Ubuntu is supporting "current" hardware. My MSI_790-gd70 / AMD_965 kit have only been out several months yet KK_9.1 supported them without issue.
    I then noted the reported "satisfaction" levels among those who updated/upgraded to KK_9.1 ... it's fairly split among good/indifferent/bad between the two migration paths. I would have thought the "bads" would overwhelm, but something prompted the successful migrators to report equally.

Can this "good" response be from new-kit builders like myself just plain SHOCKED that KK_9.1 works so well ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Support of new hardware creates flat satisfation curve

Under duress? Somehow FOSS and duress can't coexist.

The forums didn't melt under KK's duress. So yes, things are getting better.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Support of new hardware creates flat satisfation curve

Even though MSI doesn't support Linux, I have used their hardware for years, and never had a problem getting the hardware detected out of the box. The only thing I ever have had to spend some time getting to work was a Broadcom based wireless PCI card. Once setup it worked flawlessly for about 6 years. When the computer suffered a catastrophic power supply failure it took the wireless card out too, or I'd still be using it.