Thread: Cannot login with my launchpad id

Beans

Cannot login with my launchpad id

I've tried numerous times to login with my launchpad id and it never works. Can someone fix this for me?

-Gerry

lp id is 'greno'

Beans

Re: Cannot login with my launchpad id

Hello,
    Can one of the administrators please help get my launchpad id working on these forums?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi,

You need to associate your account with your Launchpad ID before using it. The forums currently do not support signing in with a new Launchpad account without having an active forum account.

When you sign in with Launchpad for the first time, just type in details of an active forum account and it will automatically be linked.

If that doesn't work, sign in to the forums first. Then go to Edit your Details and click the link at the bottom of the page (or here). This will take you to Launchpad. Hit Sign In, and your accounts will be linked. You'll then be able to sign on with your Launchpad account.
    Last edited by jpeddicord; November 20th, 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Beans

Ok. And I think I know why there was a problem with 'greno' account on forums. It looks like there is an old abandoned account from over 4 years ago. No activity.

Can one of the administrators please expire this old abandoned 'greno' account so that I can claim it?

And then I will use the 'greno' forum account to link to my 'greno' launchpad account. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by grenoml View Post
    Ok. And I think I know why there was a problem with 'greno' account on forums. It looks like there is an old abandoned account from over 4 years ago. No activity.

Can one of the administrators please expire this old abandoned 'greno' account so that I can claim it?

And then I will use the 'greno' forum account to link to my 'greno' launchpad account. Thanks.
    I'm sorry but we do not do that. Imagine the user comes back after all this time and finds not only they have been wiped out, but someone else is posting with their identity..

Has your LP account been very active ? (I have not checked). I could be easier to make a new LP ID matching your current one here.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Most forums have a 2 year policy on abandoned accounts. If you do not post within 2 years then account is deleted. I have had several deleted on old forums that I no longer used.

Also, the old 'greno' account never had any postings at all. No one ever used the account.

Please consider adopting an abandonment policy.
    Last edited by grenoml; November 21st, 2009 at 04:40 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grenoml View Post
    Most forums have a 2 year policy on abandoned accounts. If you do not post within 2 years then account is deleted. I have had several deleted on old forums that I no longer used.

Also, the old 'greno' account never had any postings at all. No one ever used the account.

Please consider adopting an abandonment policy.
    We are not recycling identities. As you asked, I'll bring it up to the Staff. I'm -1 for the reasons stated above.
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

We talked in the Staff area and reached a -15992 on this idea. So sorry, it will not happen.
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]