Thread: Cookie Weirdness! Do you guys have any idea??

Beans

Cookie Weirdness! Do you guys have any idea??

Cookies are working fine in elinks, but not in firefox. Not just on this machine (localhost), viewing from other machines too. I made a fresh install of ubuntu desktop, then taskel lamp, then generated ssl. installed phpmyadmin.

Even phpmyadmin works in elinks, but not in ff. I attached some screenshots. I refreshed the page a million times, bt the same result.

This is the code I used to test cookies

PHP Code:
    <?php 

error_reporting
    (E_ALL);

setcookie ('test''test'time() + 60); 

print_r($_COOKIE);

echo 
    strftime('%c');

?>
    Do you guys have any idea??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Cookie Weirdness! Do you guys have any idea??

Can you take a couple of screen shots of your perferences in Firefox? (I would tell you which page exactly, but on a work pc with IE only)... I'm looking mainly for the privacy settings about cookies.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Drezard View Post
    Can you take a couple of screen shots of your perferences in Firefox? (I would tell you which page exactly, but on a work pc with IE only)... I'm looking mainly for the privacy settings about cookies.
    Hi Drezard,

I appreciate your response.
    But I think the problem is something with the server. Server machine's firefox is as fresh as Starbucks coffee, so it has the default factory settings. I installed Ubuntu 1 hour before my 1st post. Also, in all the browsers, on other machines that I tested, cookies work fine. I mean, I can login into gmail and other sites fine. This new server is the only site creating this problem.

By the way, this new Ubuntu installation is on a work PC (Actually a Mac)
    Tell the tech people at your work to upgrade from Windows to Linux, atleast a Mac.. Just kidding

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sands View Post
    Hi Drezard,

I appreciate your response.
    But I think the problem is something with the server. Server machine's firefox is as fresh as Starbucks coffee, so it has the default factory settings. I installed Ubuntu 1 hour before my 1st post. Also, in all the browsers, on other machines that I tested, cookies work fine. I mean, I can login into gmail and other sites fine. This new server is the only site creating this problem.

By the way, this new Ubuntu installation is on a work PC (Actually a Mac)
    Tell the tech people at your work to upgrade from Windows to Linux, atleast a Mac.. Just kidding

I tested it just now. It is working only in Safari, not in FF or Chrome.
    I have adblockplus and firebug installed in FF.

Also, this is how the domain names are set up

http://webservices/cook.php
    http://webservices.abc.xyg.edu/cook.php

Both point to the same server. Also, machine is intranet only.
    Do you think it is because of the domain names?

Another clue: cook.php is able to read the cookies already set by xyg.edu (tested only in firefox).

Beans