Thread: Google Chrome 'Web Data' file?

Beans

Google Chrome 'Web Data' file?

I use Chrome on my Windows machine, and got it working fine on the latest 64-bit Ubuntu build.

I use Chrome's 'Search Engines' feature rather than bookmarks as they allow 'keywords' which I use constantly.

I discovered that under Windows I could copy the file from 'C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data' to another machine with Chrome installed and all the 'Search Engine' customizations would transfer.

However I cannot find a synonymous file to overwrite on Ubuntu's Chrome install. (I searched the file system as su for "Web Data" - nothing). I found some Chrome files at opt->google->chrome, but that's it.

Thanks for any ideas. (Also I just noticed that when I try to select a 'prefix' for this all the options are blank - Chrome is in alpha

Beans

Re: Google Chrome 'Web Data' file?

i have same problem. can anyone tell the location of web data folder on ubuntu 9.10 for chrome!!!

thank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I run Chromium and it's "Web Data" file is in ~/.config/chromium/Default
    Thank a veteran -- George 8)
    Internet Coach & Writer
    Personal Blog -- 3 Joes' Blog

Beans

Thanks fragos. However I don't seem to have that folder on my system (9.10 64-bit).

Someone pointed me toward the 'web-data' file at /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions, but that is a different file.

I'm guessing that Chrome under Ubuntu stores the Search Engine data in a different file or manner than under Windows.

Beans

Code:
    ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Web Data

Beans

Bingo - exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!