Thread: Shared failed after router move.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Shared failed after router move.

I'm hugely frustrated so sorry about the tone! 9.10 just seems to be one pain after another!!!

I have a dell dimension desktop with an Ethernet connection to my wireless router. I also have a dell vostro laptop with a wireless connection to my router. Both run Karmic 9.10. Both have shared folders which I use regularly and, up to now, there hasn't been a single sharing glitch.

To improve the location of my router I tried putting it in a central location in the house and set up a wireless connection from my desktop. The connections were better but the folder sharing didn't work. I had the message "Unable to mount location. Failed to retrieve share list from server".

I have returned to the original set up but still get the same message.

The threads on the forum deal with new connections and mostly to Windows. Mine is Ubuntu to Ubuntu and used to work fine.
    The only Ubuntu to Ubuntu thread I found gives pages of terminal hacks to make it work. Surely this can't be right.

Anyone any ideas what's gone wrong please?
    My time machine is broken which is odd because it was working tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Shared failed after router move.

See the 6th link in my sig.

That, or since your set up is only Ubuntu to Ubuntu, you might consider trying NFS: 4th link in my sig.