Thread: Installing Tablet

Beans

Installing Tablet

I've been trying to install a Trust 5300 tablet using this guide https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TabletSetupWizardpen; however, after the line

Code:
    sudo ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/lib/xorg/modules && make
    && make install
    all I get is an error:

Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eldon/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/wizardpen-0.6.0.2'
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eldon/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/wizardpen-0.6.0.2'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/eldon/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/src'
    /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -g -O2 -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1    -I../src -MT wizardpen.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/wizardpen.Tpo -c -o wizardpen.lo wizardpen.c
     gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -g -O2 -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I../src -MT wizardpen.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/wizardpen.Tpo -c wizardpen.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/wizardpen.o
    wizardpen.c:212: warning: initializer-string for array of chars is too long
    wizardpen.c: In function 'DeviceInit':
    wizardpen.c:648: warning: passing argument 3 of 'InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct' makes integer from pointer without a cast
    /usr/include/xorg/input.h:281: note: expected 'int' but argument is of type 'int (*)(struct _DeviceIntRec *, struct xTimecoord *, long unsigned int,  long unsigned int,  struct _Screen *, BOOL)'
    wizardpen.c:648: error: too many arguments to function 'InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct'
    make[2]: *** [wizardpen.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/eldon/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eldon/wizardpen-0.6.0.2/wizardpen-0.6.0.2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Help much appreciated

Beans

Re: Installing Tablet

Anyone? I really need it for my coursework (I need to be able to pen in Chinese Characters), and currently I'm having to do it on another, Windows based machine

Beans

Sorry, posted wrong link, was using the most up-to-date guide in there (for Ibis 8.10). Using Karmic and still can't get it to work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi
    I have the same problem. If i finde out how to get it done i will let you know.

Beans

Cool, cheers still haven't had any luck over here

Beans

Ok, I changed the pre-compiled file as in here http://code.google.com/p/linuxgenius/issues/detail?id=1 and got a little further. At this point though,
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart
    I get a fresh new error telling me to use a different command

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by donjorge22 View Post
    Ok, I changed the pre-compiled file as in here http://code.google.com/p/linuxgenius/issues/detail?id=1 and got a little further. At this point though,
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart
    I get a fresh new error telling me to use a different command
    Hi
    Please visit my thread

http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=67415926

Beans

I certainly did! And it worked! Thanks drjkurian The problem was that there's more automated stuff in later versions, rendering procedures like the udev stuff irrelevant... the other problem was also that missing line that you put in. The howto that Favux linked to in your thread did put the line in, but not 'til the end which was misleading (as I think he says it ought to work beforehand). Any ways you look at it though, it's solved now so thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by donjorge22 View Post
    I certainly did! And it worked! Thanks drjkurian The problem was that there's more automated stuff in later versions, rendering procedures like the udev stuff irrelevant... the other problem was also that missing line that you put in. The howto that Favux linked to in your thread did put the line in, but not 'til the end which was misleading (as I think he says it ought to work beforehand). Any ways you look at it though, it's solved now so thanks
    Hi
    You are most welcome

With regards
    Dr Kurian