Thread: How to Request Support or Product Information on this Forum

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

How to Request Support or Product Information on this Forum

To help us assist you in the most efficient way, please consider these basic guidelines.

Please dont' send me a private message. I never think to check them, and email, forum posts and phone calls already keep me plenty busy. If you need to ask me something but don't want to post it to the forums, please call or email.

DO YOU HAVE A SUPPORT QUESTION?

First, please search our forums using your System76 model number and some keywords pertaining to the problem you are experiencing. Chime into an existing thread if it seems a close enough match to your issue.

When posting, please include...
    • your System76 model number (the System76 Driver will tell you what it is).
    • the version of Ubuntu are you using.
    • the symptoms you are seeing (and instructions for replicating them if necessary).
    • the logs.tar file which can be created by the System76 driver (only if your problem is freeze related).
    • if you are attaching logs, the time indicated on your computer's clock when the problem occurred (which will help us identify the appropriate section in your logs).

Use a Title that will help others! For example, "Man, I'm really having problems!" isn't nearly as useful as "Firefox constantly crashes on my DarU3."

If you are certain the problem is hardware related, it is more efficient to just contact us directly at support...at...system76...dot...com.

It is perfectly fine to post Kubuntu and Xubuntu related questions here, but please note that System76 doesn't officially support either of these. However, we have some awesome customers on our forums that can offer help. But PLEASE mention up front that you are using something other than standard Ubuntu so that we don't spin our wheels trying to figure out a problem on the wrong OS.

DO YOU HAVE SALES QUESTION?

Please include...
    • Your intended usage
    • The system(s) you are interested in
    • Any other questions you have about System76, our products, etc...
    Last edited by isantop; June 25th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans

Re: How to Request Support or Product Information on this Forum

Hi system76

I am interested in buying this laptop:
    http://www.system76.com/product_info...roducts_id=113
    Currently I am in China but will be going through the US soon. I have some family in the states who can receive the computer for me, but i would like to use my credit card (which is not a US-regional one, more specific is an Ecuadorian Visa Card) if possible.
    And also i would like to ask if it is possible I can get Ubuntu 10.04 pre-installed instead of 10.10 and whether it would be any trouble if I try to install windows on a partial disk by my self?
    Thank u 4 the answer
    Bye

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by thomasaaron View Post
    We only ship internationally to Canada and the U.K. Right now, we cannot make exceptions. Very sorry..
    Perhaps this should be updated? You risk losing sales if people see this and don't think to investigate further.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Carborundum View Post
    Perhaps this should be updated? You risk losing sales if people see this and don't think to investigate further.
    Changed. Thanks for the tip!
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

If you are certain the problem is hardware related, it is more efficient to just contact us directly at support...at...system76...dot...com
    This address bounced

I will go post my hardware-related question somewhere more appropriate than here...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry about the out-of-date information. You can open a support ticket via the link in my signature. We no longer offer support via email.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!