Thread: Karmic Bluetooth mouse not working

Beans

Karmic Bluetooth mouse not working

I have recently bought a barebones kit and upgraded my wifes computer to Karmic. I'm using a bluetooth dongle and bluetooth mouse that work on a hardy computer (sometimes initial pairing requires sudo hidd). I've been trying to get this to work with my wifes new computer with karmic. Here are the output of dmesg, hcitool con, and hidd --show (in reverse order):

Code:
    00:07:61:66:6D:F7 Logitech Bluetooth Mouse [046d:b002] connected
    Code:
    Connections:
    	< ACL 00:07:61:66:6D:F7 handle 42 state 1 lm MASTER
    Code:
    [10591.465318] input: Logitech Bluetooth Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.3/usb5/5-2/5-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input10
    [10591.465459] generic-bluetooth 0005:046D:B002.0008: input,hidraw7: BLUETOOTH HID v48.09 Mouse [Logitech Bluetooth Mouse] on 00:1B:DC:0F:FA:30
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?
    "Anyone who denies the law of non-contradiction should be beaten and burned until he admits that to be beaten is not the same as not to be beaten, and to be burned is not the same as not to be burned."--Avicenna

Beans

Re: Karmic Bluetooth mouse not working

Is the MAC address discrepancy to be expected? Or is that what's wrong?
    "Anyone who denies the law of non-contradiction should be beaten and burned until he admits that to be beaten is not the same as not to be beaten, and to be burned is not the same as not to be burned."--Avicenna

Beans

Can anyone help me?

Beans

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

If your mouse isn't working but your keyboard is, you can do an Alt-F1 and arrow over to System, go down to Preferences and select Bluetooth and see if you can pair through there. Of course, if you have a wired mouse, you can do it that way.

I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and it sometimes disconnects itself and I have to do the above. Why? I don't know.