Thread: HP Mini 110 is having weirdness with suspend...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question HP Mini 110 is having weirdness with suspend...

Yeah, suspend problems, totally old hat, right? ;P Well, refreshingly, suspend actually WORKS on this laptop in Karmic after I rolled back to GRUB legacy from GRUB 2 beta. The snag is, X doesn't pop back up and my backlight is off. When I tap Fn+F4 to turn the lights on, I'm greeted with the video from TTY6, but the controls are still bound to TTY7 (where X is running, showing my locked desktop).

It's not hard to get around, just Ctrl+Alt+F6, then Ctrl+Alt+F7 and everythings a-okay, but it'll be much smoother if I can solve it. I really don't know any of the systems involved in suspending and resuming, so I don't know what to troubleshoot, so any help you folks can offer me will be greatly apreiciated.

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HP Mini 110 is having weirdness with suspend...

Bump.

Beans

Cool Re: HP Mini 110 is having weirdness with suspend...

I have the same problem . . . . its kind of annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HP Mini 110 is having weirdness with suspend...

I'm having this as well. My machine is the Mini 110-1125nr. It came loaded with that awful Basic version of ******* 7. Anyway, whenever I shut my laptop's lid, it goes into suspend, but when I open it back up, I can see that it is restoring, but nothing happens on screen. That is annoying, as my Acer Aspire One and my Asus Eee 900/16 both worked right out of the box.