Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Unlocking Huawei E1552 Globe Tattoo

Beans

Re: OT - Unlocking Huawei E1552 Globe Tattoo

thanks for the link kilosan, though it would be better if we could find out how they do it... other than downloading a software, i understand that they calculate the imei to get the unlocking code?... then we could do it here for free!
    Polytechnic University of the Philippines .... Proud to be Pinoy!..
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans

found this manual IMEI calculator to unlock your Huawei modem... though i haven't tried it since mine has already been unlocked!

http://www.entsperren.net/HUAWEI/login.php
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans

sino na nagtry ng link ni killer_d76???
    Coffee drinkers don't get dehydrated...

Beans

i was about to test it though i can't seem to log-in using "test"... guess what?!... dc-unlocker works on Wine! though i have no paypal account
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

those site where free back in dec. now they are paid services. that is why the only way is the one on the link i gave, and i think they will start charging later on so better try it now.

once you pay that dc unlocker you will get 10 unlock code try. no thanks, id rather buy another modem with different network on it.

maybe next time, well just buy 2nd hand unlocked modem.

i have tried to search for softwares but no luck.
    Last edited by kilosan; February 2nd, 2010 at 12:54 AM.

Beans

unlocking your huawei (mines e1550), use at your own risk, it will void your warranty.

you will need a windows pc, though you will use it for one time only, havent tried on wine. you can go to internet cafe if needed.

ask for unlock code here while someone is offering it for free, most site that offers this services is now for paid service. so take advantage for the free offer.
    http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422098
    your imei is on the box.
    or download dc unlocker here http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads so you can see what your imei is if you lost your box.

while at there windows pc, configure your network to 3g preferred (not 3g only). so it can utilise 3g while it will use 2g if in case 3g signal is not available.

once you get your imei unlock code, download and use this http://www.zshare.net/download/72024292d5e689c3/

press detect and put the unlock code.
    your modem is now unlocked and you can use different sim.

just create a different Mobile Broadband profile for each different sim. and dont forget to just use "pap" only in the ppp network configurations.

Beans

i was able to get my unlock code somewhere else ,though on the site given by kilosan he was able to provide me with the unlock code for my friends USB modem, as far as i remember i got mine from a Dhaka website or something.. then to set-up ubuntu, i just followed what type of network/sim i'll be using (Globe if you have a Globe sim..) once you plugged-in the modem (sun usb modem with globe sim) a pop-up box will ask for it's unlock code and you will be given 10 chances to key in your unlock code.. and voila!.. my Sun USB modem is unlocked and I can now use different sim on my SUN usb modem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

sa mga gusto pong magpa unlock ng Huawei ,

post nyo po model and Imei nyo...

try ko ipaunlock sa www.symbianize.com dalawa kasi unlocker dun eh ..

Beans

option gt 3g+ emea
    imei 356936004062050

and

zte MF636

thx

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release