Thread: Sound Problem with Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller

Beans

Sound Problem with Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller

Hey,

I have the most annoying sound problem since upgrading to 9.10. Sometimes my sound adapter doesn't get recognised, but then other times it comes on fine at start up.

I have been able to force alsa to restart and then all is good:
    sudo alsa force-reload

(screenshots attached)

But I do get some weird message, sometimes, which I don't understand:
    Code:
    lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/dengar/.gvfs
          Output information may be incomplete.
    Terminating processes: 1313lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/dengar/.gvfs
     3151lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/dengar/.gvfs
    lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/dengar/.gvfs
    Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-codec-si3054 snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc (failed: modules still loaded: snd-hda-codec-si3054 snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc).
    Loading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-codec-si3054 snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.
    What's the fuse deamon and does anyone have a cure?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Sound Problem with Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller

OK, bump?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Sound Problem with Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller

It seems that I get the same thing too. When restarting ALSA everything works fine. However some times (or all the time - not sure) seems that I have sound. It used to work good when I first installed everything. I followed the instructions found here: http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Karmic to add extra decoders and stuff. since then I get the sound on and of and on again thing. Hope somebody has a solution to this. It seems to me though that my problem is not random but permanent. I need to restart ALSA all the time.

Beans

I'm just going to bump this one more time...

This problem still exists for me...