Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uhm WoW help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Uhm WoW help?

Quote Originally Posted by fujinmeow View Post
    yea its being a pain in my rear, But I almost have it, what i wish I knew. is why part of it is in red. I want to know if thats not quite working properly.. and how in gods name to install a driver.
    Cause I'm very close. Being able to log, and chat and move and have addons is great. but its the display, its not showing everything and only parts of my toon.
    Are you running in DirectX or OpenGL mode?

Beans

DirectX, everytime Ive tried it with the OpenGL, gives me a black screen. Intel apparently doesnt like OpenGL

Oh and to show you how far ive gotten I took SS.
    Before Login
    Once logged in
    Last edited by fujinmeow; November 17th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Beans

Only thing I can suggest is hopefully your ubuntu 9.10 that has the best drivers that I know of for intel cards.

Beans

Ok new question then, how does one update said drivers? in case they arent?
    And does anyone know of how to system check like belarc does on linux? Cause i used that and the only thing that stands out is part of my graphic card being outlined in red. and I dont think thats good. lol sorry to be such a pain, Im sorta craving being able to play so i wanna fix this asap. XD

Beans

Not to double post, But I could still use a bit of help. I think i might have to compile my driver.. and any links to help with that. Would be awesome!

Beans

Whoops now to bump. <3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I can't tell you how to update these drivers..may i suggest googling it? thats what I do for 95% of the ubuntu problems i have.
    And chances are if you're running an ancient machine with a terribad intergrated Graphics card, you won't get wow to run very well,if at all on any OS.
    Your OS/software can only do so much for you, at one point or another, its time to upgrade that calculator...So says the man with an ancient 333mhz CPU from like 5 years ago lol
    Last edited by Alatar1; November 18th, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Currently Running: Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackelope.(upgraded from Hearty-Intrepid- to Jaunty)
    AMD Athlon 2600+ 1.9Ghz 333MHZ FSB
    2GB DDR SDRAM(PC2700) , NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT 256mb (AGP8x)

Beans

Suprisingly it actually runs now! But, like I said, I cant get the small graphics of like items and skills to load right in my bags and on action bars. But whats wierd is that its only some of them.
    I can see some items but not the other ones. so im like o.O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12