Thread: record from camcorder

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

record from camcorder

Hi, I have a sony cam(tapes) and would like to record from the tape to my pc. I have everything connected and the cam plays on /etc/video1. The webcam app plays back fine but when i record(to avi) everything looks great until i play the avi it seems to play at double speed. Is there any apps i could try to record from that will not have this problem?

Thanx in advance
    POWER: Intel xeon 4x2.66GHz,4GB quad channel ecc DDR400(800MHz),210GB SCSI raid0(6x36GB) 512MB cache.
    PC: Intel E6600 @ 3.24GHz. NVIDIA 9800GT. 2GB DDR @ 833MHz. Ubuntu UE 2.6 64 (10.04)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: record from camcorder

Quote Originally Posted by mbzn View Post
    Hi, I have a sony cam(tapes) and would like to record from the tape to my pc. I have everything connected and the cam plays on /etc/video1. The webcam app plays back fine but when i record(to avi) everything looks great until i play the avi it seems to play at double speed. Is there any apps i could try to record from that will not have this problem?

Thanx in advance
    KDENLIVE (http://www.kdenlive.org/) is exactly what you need. I use it for my digital JVC tape cam to create videos on my computer.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: record from camcorder

Thanx Alot!!!

Seems to be exactly what i need.
    thanx again
    POWER: Intel xeon 4x2.66GHz,4GB quad channel ecc DDR400(800MHz),210GB SCSI raid0(6x36GB) 512MB cache.
    PC: Intel E6600 @ 3.24GHz. NVIDIA 9800GT. 2GB DDR @ 833MHz. Ubuntu UE 2.6 64 (10.04)