Thread: Anyone know how to change the color of selected text in Chrome/Chromium?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Anyone know how to change the color of selected text in Chrome/Chromium?

Chrome/Chromium is blazingly fast, and I like it a lot, but every time I select any text it shows up as black letters on a blue background, when it should be white letters on a brown background. I tried changing the theme in Chrome, and changing my system theme, but nothing affects it. Does anyone know how to change this? It's driving me nuts.
    MSI x350 / Ubuntu Natty 11.04 (64 bit)
    Poems at---------------jonreeve.com---------------

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Anyone know how to change the color of selected text in Chrome/Chromium?

+1
    Id like to know that too. Its probably the main reason I havent started using chrome as my default browser, its killing me as well!

Beans

Beans
    Hidden!

Have you tried that? I thought the blue was hardcoded in Chrome, or at least chrome ignores any GTK or other colours. Before I start messing with it, can you confirm this changes the text selection colour in chrome(ium) ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been searching for a Maverick highlighter for two days now. But I've found brown highlighters used in 10.04, but not the orange ones.

In case you need the brown one:

https://chrome.google.com/extensions...pjhefdclnchgpl