Thread: CellHTS2: are u a user??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

CellHTS2: are u a user??

Is there any CellHTS2 user out there? I am a PhD student and I am curious to know whether I'm the only one or it's a commonly used package... Probably it could also be nice to share experience, no?

Beans

Re: CellHTS2: are u a user??

I heard/read about it ...
    however I am familiar with Bioconductor package and R programming !!

What are you going to do with it ?!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm going to use it to run analysis for an RNAi screening. Since I'm not really experienced I was looking for somebody to share For instance Bioconductor and R programming is already a great background!

Beans

As I know CellHTS2 is particularly for RNAi screens and programmed using BioConductor packages which is completely based on R language. You should seek for a person who knows R and has done at least small project with Bioconductor !

May I know what do you want to do? I wanted to know more about the project!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I don't know exactly what I want to do, not yet, at least. By the way, what's the best way to work across perl and R??

Beans

About the project, to tell you the truth, I have just started my MS study in Bioinformatics ( but I have an expertise in machine learning and programming) ... I would be happy if I could do any thing in a PhD/Postdoc project !!!

About the learning R and Perl, personally I use to after taking a quick glance at ref books, analyse a (simple) written program/package ( at least it was best for me!)

However, there are a lots of tutorial for R programming ...
    and these four books which are written particulary for Biocundutor

Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor (Statistics for Biology and Health)
    by: Robert Gentleman, Vincent Carey, Wolfgang Huber, Rafael Irizarry, Sandrine Dudoit (Editors)

R Programming for Bioinformatics (Chapman & Hall/Crc Computer Science & Data Analysis)
    by: Robert Gentleman

The Analysis of Gene Expression Data
    by: Giovanni Parmigiani, Elizabeth S. Garett, Rafael A. Irizarry, Scott L. Zeger
    en

Computer Simulation and Data Analysis in Molecular Biology and Biophysics: An Introduction Using R (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
    by: Victor Bloomfield
    Last edited by naarkhoo; November 19th, 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: copy right