Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB headset & Skype in Koala?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: USB headset & Skype in Koala?

This unsolved problem has persisted into Lucid Lynx -- I wanted to report this bug somewhere like Launchpad, but there's no category for it. I hope this will eventually get fixed, because I'd really like to upgrade at some point.
    - Ubuntu 16.04 on 2016 System76 desktop + Ubuntu 18.04 on 2016 Dell Latitude laptop -

Beans

Re: USB headset & Skype in Koala?

Quote Originally Posted by CalumSult View Post
    I have the same problem and this is what I did to 'fix' it (using 9.10, pulseaudio installed, and skype 2.1)- rather than trying to get skype to select a different audio output for the ringing I used their notification option to script the ringing. It's janky but it actually works just fine and I can live with that. I first used padevchooser to set skype to use the headset (both mic and speakers) for all input/output (had to turn the 'volume' on the mic way up too in Sound Prefrences). Then installed sox and set the notification script for Incoming Call Ringing to

play /usr/share/skype/sounds/CallRingingIn.wav

That gets you a single ring on an incoming call. I think it should be easy to write a script to loop the ring, then have another script that kills the first one when the call is answered or ignored etc using the execute script on any event feature.Suggestions are welcome, my scriptfu is weak.
    Hey that is a great work around & is what I am doing now. As feature full as sox is I could not find any command to stop it playing any audio. So I have edited CallRingIn.wav using Audacity to make the duration 10 seconds. That is about the usual length of time for the phone to ring before being answered. I´d really prefer to have another script cut off the ringing when I answer a call. Can any scripting experts help on that one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12