Thread: Ubuntu will not boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation Ubuntu will not boot

Ok so I'm turning on mu computer. The normal scren that sys 'booting inyo (hdo, 3) etc.' pops up. Then the screen goes black and no matter what i do or press, it stays on a blank screen. I cant go into a terminal with ctrl+alt+f3, nothing... I dont think its a hardware problem as it was working fine several days ago, and i havent made any changes whatsoever. The same goes for software. I tried putting in a live cd for several distros including ubuntu, and ive even tried an old windows xp disc, but still nothing works. Please excuse my engliah as it is not my first language. Hope you can help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Ubuntu will not boot

Well there's always a possibility it is your hardware and it broke. Did you try a non GUI recover CD?

Can you access your BIOS?

At last,. did you upgrade from ubuntu 8.10 to ubuntu 9.04 in the time between broke and not broke?
    - Security is like a brake, it can slow you down but it'll also give you the faith to speed up higher then before. -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Ubuntu will not boot

Well i upgraded 9.04 to 9.10abouta week ago , and yeah itried a non gui cd... Is theremuch else ican do besides call my manufacturer? Oh and yes im staring at my bios. If your wondering, im using an ipod touch to seek help so...
    Last edited by jakejake678; November 16th, 2009 at 01:47 AM.