Thread: Grub first error 15, now 22

Beans

Grub first error 15, now 22

After running 9.10 for a while after updating from 9.04 I wanted to do a clean install to get rid of a couple of hickups.
    The install finishes without any problems, but upon reboot I got Grub error 15, this happend a couple of times so I went on to format all my HDD's to get rid of every little bit of old installs. This in turn caused a Grub error 22... Now I'm in the dark here.. This seems like Grub legacy, but from where does it come? As earlier stated, I have formatted all disks, not only formatted, but deleted all partitions and made new ones.. So, where do I go from here?
    "There's this thing called being so open-minded your brains drop out." --Richard Dawkins

Beans

Re: Grub first error 15, now 22

ah... after som fiddeling around I got it working. First off I used fdisk to emty out my MBR
    Code:
    fdisk /mbr
    And deleted all my partitions once more (probably not necessary, but hey...) Reinstalled once more, and still no luck.
    Now I had no grub errors, but anther message; somethung about no partition or no bootable partition. No worries, I stated up with a livecd and chrootet into my install and did a grub-install as described here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gr...talling GRUB 2 And hey presto, I'm back in a freshly installed Karmic.

The last step would probably have fixed the problem to start with, but I had to go the long way around till I realized what to do.
    "There's this thing called being so open-minded your brains drop out." --Richard Dawkins