Thread: KDenlive and Kino problems in Karmic(&computer spontaneously shut down).

Beans

Unhappy KDenlive and Kino problems in Karmic(&computer spontaneously shut down).

While I was typing the title my computer just switched off suddenly,never had that one.
    At the time I was also importing a file(trying) into Kino,66mb mpeg (28 minutes and counting..),anyway,KDenlive kept closing,video would freeze and it repeatedly shut down before I could finish any task at all.That's why I tried importing a small mpeg into kino just to see if it performed any better.
    The computer spontaneously switching off is a worry.It's booted up ok,fingers crossed.
    Thanks

Beans

Re: KDenlive and Kino problems in Karmic(&computer spontaneously shut down).

Hello?????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've had both Kdenlive and Kino "crash" on me whilst editing a video but Ubuntu remains OK. Normally I'll go into system monitor and kill the process. I've put it down to the clip itself as I have been able to repeat the problem with the same clip. It seems to happen when I cut a clip and then start to move one part around. But as I'm a novice at video I've concluded that it was me at fault. I know this doesn't answer your question but at least you know that similar things happen elsewhere.
    Athlon 3500+, 1Gb ram, Geforce 6200TC, Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMG-9-RH

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Can you post output of the following command:
    Code:
    tail -n 200 /var/log/Xorg.log.0
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow. This false happiness is the true cause of your sorrows!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Never had an issue with kino on gnome, but have never been able to get kdenlive working on gnome for more than a couple of miutes before it crashes - stick with kino or try avidemux or possibly lives, which is a capable video editor, although does not like large files.
    Windows is the best virus detector on the market!
    Ubuntu attracts Human Beings - Windows attracts viruses and worms