Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Still can't get waltop/medion graphics tablet to work, can't build drivers in karmic

Beans

Unhappy Re: Still can't get waltop/medion graphics tablet to work, can't build drivers in kar

Hi, I had followed your steps and compiling went well. But if I plug in my tablet kde (or x-server) crashes to texdtmode with irregular switching to a black display. I own an ASUS-Notebook and uses Kubuntu 9.10 (x64) with kde 4.4.2

Any idea what's going wrong here ?

Quote Originally Posted by jianboli View Post
    With the new version of driver posted on waltop:
    http://www.waltop.com.tw/download.asp?lv=0&id=2
    I successfully install the driver on Karmic:
    Basic followed Favux's flow. I have learned a lot from Favux. thanks, man.

The problem I met during the complying:
    "X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory", solved after installing libx11-dev
    "X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory ubuntu", solved after installing libxi-dev
    "‘O_RDONLY’ undeclared (first use in this function)", solved after adding header file "fcntl.h" on the top of xf86Wacom.c
    Here are the detailed steps:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install build-essential automake xserver-xorg-dev x11proto-input-dev libx11-dev libxi-dev

sudo apt-get upgrade

unzip News420090811001_b.zip

cd WaltopTablet_091202/WaltopTablet/linuxwaltop-0.8.4/src/xdrv

gedit xf86Wacom.c (add one line at line 92 after all the including: #include "fcntl.h")

cd ../../

chmod +x configure

./configure

make

sudo make install

sudo cp ../drv/2.6.30.1/10-waltop.fdi /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/

sudo reboot
    And it worked smoothly after the reboot, even better than on 9.04.
    I am not sure if every step is necessary and I may missed some steps that I think totally useless.
    I hope it work for you. Cheers.

Beans

Re: Still can't get waltop/medion graphics tablet to work, can't build drivers in kar

I am not sure, it is exactly what happened when I used the wrong driver. Have you removed the default wacom driver?

Beans

Re: Still can't get waltop/medion graphics tablet to work, can't build drivers in kar

At last this works for me on 9.10:

- uninstalling all driver
    - install the waltop-driver
    - delete all fdi files concerning the tablet

And all is fine - until I've updated to 10.04 and I've got this freezed mousepointer when pushing the pen onto the tablet. The cursor moves only if first I move the pen 3 cm up in the air and down again.

Beans

Dear All Above,

I have been trying to get my Adesso Cyberpad to work on Ubuntu. This looks exactly like Waltop Digital Note T01S pad. Ubuntu 10.04 seems to recognise the tablet however somethings need addressing:-
    1. Every time the pen is used to click with pressure there is a delay of 5 secs before the pointer moves again.
    2. I used Wine to use My Ink before. However Free Notes cannot be used. These are he bundled software that come with the cyberpad. Free note allows the user to directly write and store these notes.

Any solutions please.

And dear high ups of the Forums, I appreciate that these problems faced by us Ubuntu newbies seem trivial to you, but these are the things that make us go back to Windows, So please Solutions required.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by notsamoth View Post
    At last this works for me on 9.10:

- uninstalling all driver
    - install the waltop-driver
    - delete all fdi files concerning the tablet

And all is fine - until I've updated to 10.04 and I've got this freezed mousepointer when pushing the pen onto the tablet. The cursor moves only if first I move the pen 3 cm up in the air and down again.
    Bumping this topic because I have the same problem with 10.04, it's hindering work and school now.
    My portfolio: http://www.elliotspeck.com
    Pokemon Remake: Coming soon!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Rebumping, I seriously need this fixed. If anyone has this working in 10.04, please give me the steps you took. This is seriously messing with my capabilities for work and school.
    My portfolio: http://www.elliotspeck.com
    Pokemon Remake: Coming soon!

Beans

hi,
    i've same problem. It seems like is a general trouble with tablets in last ubuntu, this issue happens also with wacom. But there is another problem with gimp: when i set the tablet device in preferences, gimp crashes with this message:

(gimp:6893): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_remove: assertion `GTK_IS_TOOLBAR (container) || widget->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container)' failed

(gimp:6893): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkHBox to a GtkFrame, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkFrame can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkHBox

(gimp:6893): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

(script-fu:6896): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: gimp_wire_read(): error
    Segmentation fault (`core' generate)

so, it looks like a bug, doesn't it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi sweena,

Quote Originally Posted by notsamoth
    I've got this freezed mousepointer when pushing the pen onto the tablet. The cursor moves only if first I move the pen 3 cm up in the air and down again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayfox
    Bumping this topic because I have the same problem with 10.04, it's hindering work and school now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweena
    i've same problem. It seems like is a general trouble with tablets in last ubuntu, this issue happens also with wacom. But there is another problem with gimp: when i set the tablet device in preferences, gimp crashes with this message:
    Actually I'm kind of amazed that the Waltop driver is compiling in Lucid (10.4)/Xserver 1.7 because I don't believe it was updated for that. I wish you folks would describe what you are doing to get it to compile.

Anyway that is likely the source of your problems/errors. The LWP (Linux Wacom Project) developers have actually added support for the Waltop tablets back in to the Wacom X driver about 10 days ago with the merging of the Waltop branch with the xf86-input-wacom (the X driver) git master. Since it turns out the "Waltop" drivers are basically the linuxwacom drivers this is good. However the usb hid kernel part for Waltop tablets doesn't quite work yet, so the xf86-input-wacom doesn't quite get enough raw usb data to work. Apparently support patches fixing this have been submitted to the kernel.

In the meantime you can set up with the WizardPen drivers. See "Attention Waltop tablet in Lucid users" near the top in the linuxwacom HOW TO for links.
    Last edited by Favux; June 10th, 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi sweena,

In the meantime you can set up with the WizardPen drivers. See "Attention Waltop tablet in Lucid users" near the top in the linuxwacom HOW TO for links.
    It works perfectly!
    thanks

Beans

worked perfectly for me - first time

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast