Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eee-control, eee applet, eee-pctray on karmic eee 1005HA bios 1102

Beans

eee-control, eee applet, eee-pctray on karmic eee 1005HA bios 1102

At last I have Ubuntu Karmic in a dual boot environment with win 7 on my 1005HA with the latest bios (1102) running. Ubuntu was hiding one of my windows partitions and after repaoring this in win 7, ubuntu could not find grub anymore .

But that's solved and now I'm trying to get one of the eee applets up and running but this seems to be the next problem.
    • eee-control - the repackaged 9.04 version that should run on 9.10
      I can install this one but then the applets starts complaining about a problem with the eee-control-daemon. Even if I try to start the daemon manually - which does not work - the problem persists
    • eee-pctray
      This one does not install completely, it complains about the dkms package
    • eee-applet
      this one installs flawlessly but doesn't do **** afterwards, enabling or disabling wireless, changing the fan speed, changing the cpu speed, it all doesn't matter, nothing changes.
    I know some problems are caused by the recent bioses, I think all above release 7.03.
    But I still wonder if there isn't any of these apps that can run on the combination karmic, 1005 bios 1102.
    Can anybody help me out?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: eee-control, eee applet, eee-pctray on karmic eee 1005HA bios 1102

bump!
    I could use help here too

Beans

Angry Re: eee-control, eee applet, eee-pctray on karmic eee 1005HA bios 1102

Yesterday i have flashed my bios with the latest bios (1102) on my eeePC 1000HE , and i have the same problems.

eee-applet, eee-control-tray or anything else don't work.

any ideas?

Maybe reflashing the bios with an old version who doesn't support Windows 7, not really cool with a dual boot (ubuntu / seven)....

Beans

I've got an Arch install on my 1005HA-H.. at least I can tell you that gnome-power-manager should take care of your power-options. I think it's a default app on ubuntu.
    There's also laptop-mode-tools and cpufreq, other power saving tools that should be able to install on Ubuntu...

Not much help, I know...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I can't help with the 1005 machines, but I have a 1000HE which I upgraded to the 1104 bios and broke eee-control functionality. I found a solution on the Italian eeepc forums and reposted the solution in the English eeepc forums. Check out the following link.. http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.p...665130#p665130
    ASUS UL20A, 128GB Falcon II SSD, 4GB RAM, Ubuntu 10.04b

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have heard that these tools are no longer required on 9.10
    Ubuntu 10.04 (Development Release) Beta Tester

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

True enough, eee-control (etc..) are not strictly needed however, eee-control does add features that are not available in the base 9.10 install. Being able to enable/disable the webcam, wireless and control the fron side bus (fsb) does allow additional power saving. Currently I get between 7 and 9 hours on my 1000he by underclocking the FSB and turning off features that I'm not using.
    Last edited by gmc; November 25th, 2009 at 03:21 PM.
    ASUS UL20A, 128GB Falcon II SSD, 4GB RAM, Ubuntu 10.04b

Beans

eee-control got toggle-touchpad in the settings but I can't seem to locate the script? Where do I find it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm planning on getting a 1005ha but my laptop now...

to get better battery power I've been using powertop on my dell laptop. I don't know much about this stuff but I read somewhere that enableing laptop-mode-tools will help gain control of what's being used and not. Hope this helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Aren't these the utils that were created by Fewt? If so, it doesn't look as if there will be Karmic versions. More here:
    http://www.fewt.com/2009/10/i-give-up.html
    ~~~
    I liked this old blog post by Aysiu: The Linux community's mixed messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast