Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking my childhood if parents were right

Beans

Re: Rethinking my childhood if parents were right

Quote Originally Posted by mjp29 View Post
    My friend told me on the phone that her father, while mowing the grass, when she was standing under a very old oak tree on their farm, drove the very large farm tractor mower right up to her, scaring her to death initially, then her father pulled out his firearm and pointed it at her, frightening her, and shot and missed her. Turns out her father shot a poisenous snake that was between her two feet.

Comments and replies please.
    On a pedantic note, the snake would have been venomous not poisonous. I think there are only two species of snake that are poisonous and would therefore be of no threat to a human being unless they decided to eat it.

Other than that, I felt the story needed more lasers and robots.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by stuart.reinke View Post
    My daughter is just getting to the age where MY intellingence is rapidly deminishing.
    My daughter is just getting to the age where MY sanity is rapidly diminishing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Whatever you're on, can I have some? Then again, maybe a bad idea .................................................. ..

S**T, why did I even post on this thread?
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; November 12th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

why didn't he just say "hold still, theres a snake"

?

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by daverich View Post
    What, and miss the chance of blowing his daughter's foot off?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by daverich View Post

?

Kind regards

Dave Rich
    Because no one ever holds still when you say "hold still, there's a <danger>".
    Jill has left these forums due to ongoing double-standards in rule enforcement.

Beans

LOL. Interesting it is, how your intelligence will rapidly decline i almost no time at all then a few years later [when the child becomes a young adult] your intelligence returns to it's previous level and often increases above that and you are then considered a wise person.

Very good reply - thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by forestpiskie View Post
    My daughter is just getting to the age where MY sanity is rapidly diminishing.
    With 5 children of our own, ranging in age from 5 right through to nearly 17(our one boy), i`ve often considered sticking my head down the toilet and pleading insanitary.

http://ubuntuclips.org/videos/4

For the lazy readers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Because no one ever holds still when you say "hold still, there's a <danger>"
    I am fairly sure that should anyone point a gun at me, I'd move!

Beans

Despite what many might think, the parent is well known across hundreds of nations all over the world. the parent has been around for several centuries and has a very important meaning in the lives of many. It would be safe to assume that the parent is going to be around for a long time and have an enormous impact on the lives of many people. Social & Cultural Factors
    the parent has a large role in American Culture. Many people can often be seen taking part in activities associated with the parent. This is partly because people of most ages can be involved and families are brought together by this. Generally a person who displays their dislike for the parent may be considered an outcast.
    Economic Factors
    It is not common practice to associate economics with the parent. Generally, the parent would be thought to have no effect on our economic situation, but there are in fact some effects. The sales industry associated with the parent is actually a 2.3 billion dollar a year industry and growing each year. The industry employs nearly 150,000 people in the United States alone. It would be safe to say that the parent play an important role in American economics and shouldn't be taken for granted.
    Environmental Factors
    After a three month long research project, I've been able to conclude that the parent doesn't negatively effect the environment at all. A the parent did not seem to result in waste products and couldn't be found in forests, jungles, rivers, lakes, oceans, etc... In fact, the parent produced some positive effects on our sweet little nature.
    Political Factors
    Oh does the parent ever influence politics. Last year 5 candidates running for some sort of position used the parent as the primary topic of their campaign. A person might think the parent would be a bad topic to lead a campaign with, but in fact with the social and environmental impact is has, this topic was able to gain a great number of followers. These 5 candidates went 4 for 5 on winning their positions.
    Conclusion
    the parent seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of the parent, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued the parent before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved.
    The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast