Thread: WIFI Problem

Beans

WIFI Problem

Hello, i have installed the new version of Ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop DELL XPS 1530 and the WIFI isnt working and dont know why??? But in the Previous Version of Ubuntu the Wireless was working Fine... without doing anything...

Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 12)
    Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11a/b/g (rev 01)

This is the Type of modem i have

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wink Re: WIFI Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Skrip View Post
    Hello, i have installed the new version of Ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop DELL XPS 1530 and the WIFI isnt working and dont know why??? But in the Previous Version of Ubuntu the Wireless was working Fine... without doing anything...

Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 12)
    Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11a/b/g (rev 01)

This is the Type of modem i have
    Have you Authenticated the connection? My Notebook required Authentication before it would allow the network access. It may have appeared a a keyring request. use your login access password.
    Hope this helps.
    Intel 2750 3.0g, ram 4g 800mhz, Wd 500 gb sata2, wd ide 160gb, XFX 8800 GT r2.0.
    DB- Windows Vista HP 64, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat 64b.

Beans

Re: WIFI Problem

Thanks for Reply, but the problem is that i am trying to find my network and it does not show any of the networks that i have in my neighborhood either mine... so what might be the problem?? but if i connect with ethernet all is ok ... but the wirless is not recognised.. But when i had installed once the previous version it recognised the wirless and was working great.. but in new it dont want to work..

Beans

I had a similar problem ..... Acer Aspire 7730ZG ...... after upgrade lost my ...... WIFI ..... connection too.

I do not know how to get it back ...... I do a ............

ifconfig

in a terminal .....window ...... and there is no Wifi ........ shown .......
    __________________________________________________ ___________

But I got the wifi back .... by connecting via a USB cable to the Livebox .....

then upgrading ..... all is well now ....
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; November 17th, 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Beans

Any other have a Solution?? :S