Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ubuntuzilla apt repository. Ubuntuzilla users, update your sources.list!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: New Ubuntuzilla apt repository. Ubuntuzilla users, update your sources.list!

Quote Originally Posted by bug67 View Post
    Duh! That's 'cause it doesn't go in the terminal! It goes in "software sources."
    glad you figured it out

Where's the signing key so I don't get the error:

Code:
    W: GPG error: http://downloads.sourceforge.net all Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY CCC158AFC1289A29
    ?
    there's a command given in the installation instructions on the ubuntuzilla website for retrieving the key:
    http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net/

out of curiosity: where are you getting the instructions from, that it's missing this info?

Beans

Re: New Ubuntuzilla apt repository. Ubuntuzilla users, update your sources.list!

Quote Originally Posted by nanotube View Post
    no idea... are you sure you installed the correct package before? package "firefox-mozilla-build" ?
    Positive. Strange nobody else has reported this, although you wouldn't know unless you were looking for an upgrade to a specific package.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

glad you figured it out

there's a command given in the installation instructions on the ubuntuzilla website for retrieving the key:
    http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net/

out of curiosity: where are you getting the instructions from, that it's missing this info?
    From here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

But, I found it. Didn't look hard enough before. It didn't jump right out at me.

Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29
    Thanks!
    Totally Trusting that Tahr!
    Xubuntu.org
    Vegetable Sandwich Productions

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bug67 View Post
    From here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

But, I found it. Didn't look hard enough before. It didn't jump right out at me.

Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29
    Thanks!
    ah ok cool

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nskipper1 View Post
    Positive. Strange nobody else has reported this, although you wouldn't know unless you were looking for an upgrade to a specific package.
    wait, so just to clarify - did it show up in the update manager? just not in synaptic when you look for 'upgradeable' packages?

i've seen it show up in update manager myself, and others have reported the same - but i haven't tried looking at what synaptic specifically does... so you're reporting specifically the synaptic thing, not the update manager thing?

Beans

wait, so just to clarify - did it show up in the update manager? just not in synaptic when you look for 'upgradeable' packages?

i've seen it show up in update manager myself, and others have reported the same - but i haven't tried looking at what synaptic specifically does... so you're reporting specifically the synaptic thing, not the update manager thing?

Yes. I don't use Update Manager normally. I fired it up and thunderbird-mozilla-build showed up as upgradable. Closed it and fired up Synaptic and thunderbird-mozilla-build shows that a new version is available but is not listed under Installed (upgradable). However, it does display the star in the box indicating that it is upgradable. Very strange.

Beans
    Distro

Yes. I don't use Update Manager normally. I fired it up and thunderbird-mozilla-build showed up as upgradable. Closed it and fired up Synaptic and thunderbird-mozilla-build shows that a new version is available but is not listed under Installed (upgradable). However, it does display the star in the box indicating that it is upgradable. Very strange.
    indeed, very strange... which version of ubuntu is it?

thunderbird 3.0.1 is coming out tomorrow, i'll ask people to give it a test-look in synaptic...

Beans

indeed, very strange... which version of ubuntu is it?

thunderbird 3.0.1 is coming out tomorrow, i'll ask people to give it a test-look in synaptic...

Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) 2.6.31-17-generic

Thanks for your help and the repository.

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) 2.6.31-17-generic

Thanks for your help and the repository.
    well... i tested it on karmic, after i pushed out tbird 3.0.1 update.

thing is... it shows up just fine in synaptic, when i go to 'custom filters' -> 'upgradeable (upstream)', there it is, with a green box with a star in it, showing up.

edit: screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nanotube; January 20th, 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Beans

well... i tested it on karmic, after i pushed out tbird 3.0.1 update.

thing is... it shows up just fine in synaptic, when i go to 'custom filters' -> 'upgradeable (upstream)', there it is, with a green box with a star in it, showing up.

edit: screenshot
    I don't know what 'upgradeable (upstream)' is. It should show up in 'Status' -> 'Installed (upgradable)' like all of the other packages that are installed and upgradable.

I did notice that your packages have a 'Priority' (found under package properties) of 'extra' while every other package I looked at had a Priority of 'optional' or 'required'. Might be freaking out Synaptic somehow.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast