Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ubuntuzilla apt repository. Ubuntuzilla users, update your sources.list!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: New Ubuntuzilla apt repository. Ubuntuzilla users, update your sources.list!

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    I went ahead and tried this on Mint 6 (based on Intrepid) just to see and it works fine there too.

I figured it would since Mint uses Ubuntu repos.
    cool

I appreciate you handling the GPG key in the manner you did, much simpler than trying to explain to someone how create and import the text file

Very good work!
    thanks!

Now back to the glorious mess that is Karmic. Shhhh, don't tell anyone I said that. It really has been problematic though.
    heh, i'm waiting for lucid.

Beans

Re: New Ubuntuzilla apt repository. Ubuntuzilla users, update your sources.list!

hi everyone,

i get some problems to get the key for the ubuntuzilla packet. How can i fix it please?

$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com CCC158AFC1289A29
    Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com CCC158AFC1289A29
    gpg: requesting key C1289A29 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect to host
    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
    gpg: Total number processed: 0

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by krakos2 View Post
    hi everyone,

i get some problems to get the key for the ubuntuzilla packet. How can i fix it please?

$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com CCC158AFC1289A29
    Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com CCC158AFC1289A29
    gpg: requesting key C1289A29 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect to host
    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
    gpg: Total number processed: 0
    Hi,
    are you by any chance behind a firewall of some sort?

also, i see you're using 'CCC158AFC1289A29' instead of 'C1289A29' for key id request...?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm having trouble with the script when trying to install Thunderbird. My issue also seems to be related to gpg.

Code:
    tru::1:1259964036:1417643949:3:1:5
    pub:-:1024:17:696E34310E3606D9:2005-09-29:::-:Mozilla Software Releases <releases@mozilla.org>::scESC:
    sub:e:1024:17:C660CCE21AF32821:2005-09-29:2006-09-29:::::s:
    sub:-:2048:16:70474DABAFE99880:2005-09-29::::::e:
    tru::1:1259964036:1417643949:3:1:5
    pub:-:1024:17:74474499812347DD:2007-07-17:2011-07-20::-:Mozilla Software Releases <releases@mozilla.org>::scESC:
    sub:-:1024:17:B57B548417785FE8:2007-07-17:2011-07-20:::::s:
    sub:-:2048:16:CB3A74DF1B0EC2E7:2007-07-17:2011-07-20:::::e:

Verifying signature...
    Note: do not worry about "untrusted key" warnings. That is normal behavior for newly imported keys.

gpg: Signature made Sat 05 Dec 2009 03:23:40 PM EST using RSA key ID 6CE2996F
    gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
    Key verification failed. This is most likely due to a corrupt download. You should delete files ' thunderbird-3.0.tar.bz2.asc ' and ' thunderbird-3.0.tar.bz2 ' and run the script again.
    Last edited by crisnoh; December 9th, 2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Because I screwed up.
    ****BGCB*****
    GCC/O$ d--(+) s+:- a- C++ L++>+++ W++ K- w O? M V? PS- PE++ t 5 X R(+) tv+ b++ DI++ D G e+ h--- r+++ z+++
    ****EGCB*****

Beans
    Distro

Hi

thanks for pointing this out!

the thunderbird3 release is signed with a new mozilla messaging gpg key
    i have now added this key to ubuntuzilla key checks, so please upgrade to the latest ubuntuzilla (ubuntuzilla 4.8.2), and give it another try!

Beans

the repository method doesn't work for me (Hardy) some sort of lpia conflict or lack of support for....

working off of the instructions in http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...ository_method

sudo apt-get update

eventually results in

W: Failed to fetch http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/pro...ts/all/Release Unable to find expected entry main/binary-lpia/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)

see the attachment for the complete story (let me know if this is not the right way to post this stuff)

off topic ---> if anyone can tell me how to get a better repository list (like getting away from the Dell madness, i would welcome the lead)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: txt x.txt (8.3 KB, 3 views)
    ______Ron

Beans
    Distro

i take it you are using a dell mini, with the stock 'dell-buntu' install?

well, yea, i didn't add the 'lpia' architecture to the ubuntuzilla repo, because i didn't realize there was a separate arch listing for that... afaik, it should run i386 stuff just fine.

well, so, for now, just grab the .deb manually and install it... and maybe at some point later i'll get around to adding the lpia arch to the repo

(btw, did you by any chance happen to get that dell vostro a90 at the recent black friday/cyber monday sale? )

Beans

Added the repository in Synaptic (Karmic). Installed Firefox-Mozilla-Build 3.5.6 no problem. BUT, when 3.5.7 became available, it did not show up in "Installed (upgradable)" section of Synaptic. The new version was displayed in the entry in the "ALL" section and I was able to upgrade to 3.5.7 no problem.

Any idea why it did not show up in "Installed (upgradable)" section of Synaptic?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nskipper1 View Post
    Added the repository in Synaptic (Karmic). Installed Firefox-Mozilla-Build 3.5.6 no problem. BUT, when 3.5.7 became available, it did not show up in "Installed (upgradable)" section of Synaptic. The new version was displayed in the entry in the "ALL" section and I was able to upgrade to 3.5.7 no problem.

Any idea why it did not show up in "Installed (upgradable)" section of Synaptic?
    no idea... are you sure you installed the correct package before? package "firefox-mozilla-build" ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Forgive my n00bness. I'm sure I'm missing something elementary.

When I copy and paste this code to the terminal:

Code:
    deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all main
    I get the following reply:

Code:
    No command 'deb' found, did you mean:
     Command 'debc' from package 'devscripts' (main)
     Command 'derb' from package 'libicu-dev' (main)
     Command 'dab' from package 'bsdgames' (universe)
     Command 'debi' from package 'devscripts' (main)
    deb: command not found

EDIT:

Duh! That's 'cause it doesn't go in the terminal! It goes in "software sources." Where's the signing key so I don't get the error:

Code:
    W: GPG error: http://downloads.sourceforge.net all Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY CCC158AFC1289A29
    ?
    Last edited by bug67; January 18th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Totally Trusting that Tahr!
    Xubuntu.org
    Vegetable Sandwich Productions

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast