Thread: ICC loding when X starts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

ICC loading when X starts

Hi everybody, I hope this is the right section, feel free to move if it's the case...
    I have a Macbook Pro and was surprised of how photos looked different in linux from MacOS... So I discovered the existence of xcalib, copied the icc profile from MacOS and everything looked great. Some days ago I upgraded to Karmic and noted that X starts earlier than before, so that's the question:

Is it possible to load an icc profile (i.e. to launch xcalib, simple bash command) when X starts?

I want this because loading it when user logs in gives a bad feeling (colours changes from gdm to gnome). I have tried to add a script that execute xcalib in /etc/X11/Xsession.d and gave it a low id (it is named 19custom_xcalib) so it starts before anything. This solves the other issue I had (set the colour profile for all users) but still gives the bad feel (from what I understood it's gdm that launches xsession so every change I make in that direction would be useless).
    Thanks for anyone that replies (any info about the new splash method would be appreciated)
    Last edited by lambengolmor; November 11th, 2009 at 09:17 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: ICC loding when X starts

I use dispwin from Argyll color management which is available for karmic and DispcalGUI as a GUI for it.

To load the color profile when X starts, I added the line
    Code:
    /usr/bin/dispwin <profile>
    to /etc/gdm/Init/Default before the last line which reads
    Code:
    exit 0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: ICC loading when X starts

I've tried it with xcalib and of course it works. There's still a percievable fraction of second where X's without the colour but I can bear with it
    Thanks a lot, if you can point me to some guide in choosing the colour profile manager (xcalib? argyll? littleCMS?) that'll be wonderful