Thread: no sound in mythtv, but sounds works great everywhere else? After 9.10 upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

no sound in mythtv, but sounds works great everywhere else? After 9.10 upgrade

I just upgraded to 9.10, mythtv upgrade from 0.21 to 0.22 all packages updated.

Two problems;

1) The sound in mythtv stopped working, i'v tryed going through the different sources in the sound setup but nothing?

funny thing when ubuntu reboots, and mythtv auto-loads the welcome chime is cut short, as if mythtv kills it mid way?

2) in mythvideo videos are paused and don't play the screen just shows a static frame.

Note: mplayer, vlc, xbmc, sound tests all work 100% sound a pictures are great.

help please.
    Last edited by bgiannes; November 11th, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: no sound in mythtv, but sounds works great everywhere else? After 9.10 upgrade

answer:

1) goto /home/[yourusernamegoeshere]/.profiles file and add this line to the end of the file

export EXPERIMENTALLY_ALLOW_PULSE_AUDIO=1

reboot

(i did install pavcontrol and set all the volumes to full, but i don't think this is a part of the fix?)

2) Go into media setting menu find the commandline command for the mplayer, and change it to "Internal". mythtv said they will fix this bug w/ the 0.23 update. But for now, i can watch my stuff.