Thread: msttcorefonts error please help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy msttcorefonts error please help

Im new to ubuntu and am running hardy. I have been working with this os for about a week and have been able to get most all problems fixed with advise from previous forums. The main problem I have is that anything I try to install will not finish and gives me the msttcorefonts error. I have tried every possible fix from previous threads and they all give me the same error. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Also if you need to see the breakdown of the terminal results like i have seen posted in other threads please advise how.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: msttcorefonts error please help

Hopefully you are using Synaptic to install. That is definitely the easiest and safest way.

When you open Synaptic, before you do anything else, click the Reload button. That will update the info in Synaptic. It may be trying to install something that is no longer in the repository, or the repository has been updated and your 'puter doesn't have the up-to-date info on what is available.

Hope this helps,
    Robin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

yes i use synaptic, but what about when using add/remove to install programs. This is when i get this error also. When using synaptic i have tried to remove msttcorefonts and reinstall and this also gives me the same error. thanks for your reply and help.

Beans

Check this post, there is some kind of bug with the core fonts, but this shows a workaround:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...08#post8262208

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thats a fix for karmic, I have finaly learned the difference. Karmic Uses the ttf-msttcorfonts and hardy doesnt at least that what it seems to be, because when i use sudo apt-get or purge it says that the file doesnt exist. While i have checked threads in the forums it seems that the file ttf-msttcorefonts is only mentioned when also discussing karmic.

thanks so much for helping

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Any other ideas. I appriciate any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

bump