Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1132

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi everyone.

I finally got the touchpad working (more or less...) and the stylus and the eraser working smooth. However, I am encountering the following problems:

Using xsetwacom I can reassign the plus sign "+" to the the pen or any other button, but the keycode is not properly replicated! More precisely, the keycode of the character corresponding to an US Intl Keymap is produced (ß). The same behavious is found for the minus key.

I have tried everything (at least everything that came up in my mind):
    - "plus" instead of "+"
    - modifying xsetwacom.c to particularly assign XK_Plus of XK_Minus to ks
    - I have verified that the keystroke correponds to the proper UTF-8 character (0x002b and 0x002d for + and -, respectively).

Can anybody tell me what went wrong? BTW: I am using a german keyboard layout.

Beans

For those interested here is a (minor) xsetwacom improvement:

edit xsetwacom.c (in xf86-input-wacom/tools)
    add in line 2008: (before "switch(param->prop_format)")
    printf("%-16s - ", param->name);

Then the property listing includes the parameter description which is much more comfty to use.

Another improvement is (imo) to comment out
    // fprintf(stderr, "Property offset doesn't exist.\n");
    Then the listing (with the above patches applied) is comprehensive and includes only parameters supported by the device.

Hope this is of help for some of you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ionospheric View Post
    When I issue

Code:
    xsetwacom -s get "Wacom Bamboo 2FG Finger" Button1
    I get

Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG Finger" "Button1" "1"
    I believe that is what it is supposed to be, but still, no reaction when I tap the pad. But I can move the mouse pointer.
    I'm having the same problem as ionospheric here - movement on the touchpad, but no click on tapping the pad (indeed, all of the buttons on the pad just send the pointer to the top left of the screen). I'm using the CTL-460 (Pen & Touch), which is picked up as the BambooFun.

I've tried a the fdi file included in 0.8.6-2, as well as Favux's new-working version, just in case, but no change. I've also tried a few different versions of the "xsetwacom set" command above, to no avail. xsetwacom works fine for other things, such as setting touch to relative and rotating. wacomcpl just hangs before it opens a window though.

Great development overall though - great to see.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the "plus" and "minus" tip guys!!! It worked!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I need help installing my wacom bamboo on lucid.

My wacom bamboo pen used to work on lucid(when it was first released) then after 1week+ of not using it, the next time i need to use the tablet, it won't work.

The guide on the first page works for my new installed Lucid lynx when 10.04 went official but now it doesn't work.

Some specs:
    Kernel version:2.6.32-22-generic

Some output of various commands (i saw from different guides)
    xinput -list

yes i have 2mouse 1 for gaming 1 for normal use.
    Code:
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Razer Razer DeathAdder                      id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation            id=11    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Microsoft  Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0     id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=10    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    lsusb

Code:
    Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 003: ID 045e:00cb Microsoft Corp. Basic Optical Mouse v2.0
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 004: ID 056a:00d4 Wacom Co., Ltd 
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 1532:0016 Razer USA, Ltd 
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Additional info: I've tried various method (usually simply copy and pasting of provided codes) and editing various conf file which i forget which 1 is it...some xorg or something
    so i'm not sure if it will make things complicated.

So i'll be visiting this thread whenever i'm at home for new solutions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi aklo,

It's hard to tell what's wrong because you have worked with the configuration files and haven't supplied specifics.

Probably what happened is you had a kernel update which knocked out your tablet. The reason that happens is the new kernel has a new modules directory (/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/) and the wacom.ko you compiled is only in the old kernel's module directory. So you have to copy the compiled wacom.ko to the new directory if you still have it or compile linuxwacom 0.8.6-2 for a new wacom.ko. See the linuxwacom HOW TO and first page of this thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

alright i manage to get the bamboo pen working but it seems to work weirdly....

When i draw in gimp, if i draw a stroke and try to move the pointer, it just stucks there. I have to raise the pen higher till the board doesn't detects the pen and move to a new point to draw.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Did you reconfigure the extended input devices in Gimp?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes i did but still no luck.

I configured wacom 4x5 pen (Since i used this settings back in karmic)

I'm thinking that it may be 1 of the other config files but i'm not sure since i did all that can be done in GIMP...unless my settings are wrong?

I'm using wacom bamboo pen (CTL460)

Either way i'll be installing virtualbox in a weeks time hopefully i can use my tablet in winxp virtually..if i can't make if work in lucid.

Beans

Hi.
    I have experienced the same issue with the pen not moving after a "touch" event. My solution was setting up the propper wacom kernel driver (follow the instructions in this thread) and setup the stylus in xorg.conf (I also tried xorg.conf.d, but was not pleased with the result). Also, you have to relaunch the X-Server after plugging in (go to KDM Login and press ALT-E). Hopefully hot plug support is being added rather shortly.

Page 105 of 114 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast