Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi Gondrano,

He meant:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set stylus rotate HALF
    or instead of HALF you should be able to use 3.

But since you want the tablet left-handed permanently it's probably best to place:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Rotate" type="string">HALF</merge>
    in your 10-linuxwacom.fdi

In the section headed by:
    Code:
    <!-- for all Wacom USB tablets -->
    place it after the stylus line like so:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
    <append key="info.callouts.add" type="strlist">hal-setup-wacom</append>
    In the section headed by:
    Code:
    <!-- for most Wacom USB tablets with touch -->
    place it after the touch line:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">touch</merge>
    <!-- for Bamboo Pen & Touch tablets -->
    And we need to figure out what's filling up your log file since it shouldn't be the patched linuxwacom drivers. Take a look at your Xorg.0.log in /var/log/. If you see something you want us to look at right click on it and compress it with Create Archive. Then attach it to your next post with Manage Attachments.

Edit: I updated post #384 with the rotation stuff for lefties.
    Last edited by Favux; January 19th, 2010 at 07:00 PM.

Beans

Smile Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Thank you very much! It work perfectly!

favux says:
    "And we need to figure out what's filling up your log file since it shouldn't be the patched linuxwacom drivers. Take a look at your Xorg.0.log in /var/log/. If you see something you want us to look at right click on it and compress it with Create Archive. Then attach it to your next post with Manage Attachments."

I do not know if is my log filling up (I don't think is filling up, I only wanted to be sure it does not ), Ayuthia said it schould not does that with the files I had used:

-Favux_new-generic_rc2_10-linuxwacom.fdi.txt
    -linuxwacom-0.8.5-9-prepatch.tar.bz2

ps Sorry for the quote!

pss Should be no problem if I delete all tar and fdi file in downloaded and personal folder, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Gondrano,

Great!

Should be no problem if I delete all tar and fdi file in downloaded and personal folder, right?
    No, but it is probably a good idea to keep them as backup copies in your /home/username directory. Just make a new folder with a name you like and place them in it. Then drag it to where you want in Nautilus.

Beans

Question Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi,

what is the most recent, recommended way of installing a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch Medium tablet? (0xd3)

I have followed the instructions from here, but I am not sure whether this is still the right way to go. The tablet works nicely, but only the pen -- not the buttons and not the "touch" (not that it matters much).

It would be extremely helpful if there was an edit labeled with a recent date in the OP of the thread.

Kind regards, and thanks for all the work you are doing!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi JW3,

with 0xd3 you just follow the OP on this thread. I just tried it and it works as expected.
    This is the best you can do so far.

Regards, Wv

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi folks,
    I just received my bamboo P&T (0x00d1), thanks for your work for making it working on Linux ! (karmic64 for my case)

Aside the fact I miss a better touch support (precision) and gestures, I would like to know if there is a way to set a threshold on stylus in both ways :
    • make it recognize only when it really touches the tablet (and not as far as ~10mm above it)
    • make it clic only when I press more than x% of its possible pressure

=> I use it as the mouse (as long as the touch is not much usable for that), but I find it would be better that way for that use... any idea ?

and once again, thanks for all, devels ! I 'complain' about things not yet done, but really appreciate what you have already done !

Beans
    Hidden!

ok, found that
    Code:
    xsetwacom set stylus  Threshold 400
    allows me to put the stylus on the tablet and move without making it clic. It only clics if I press slightly harder, cool

So there is still only one question (for now ) :
    Is there any way to avoid cursor's position be updated when the stylus doesn't touch the tablet ? Really annoying on Relative mode...

Beans

Hi all,

Here is a new combined bamboo p&t patch for linuxwacom-0.8.5-9. Hoping some people can test it and provide feedback. This should get everything on the tablet working 95% including touch gestures. There are now better defaults for the gesture timeouts and they are configurable using xsetwacom such as:

Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom_Bamboo_P&T_4x5_Touch" RightClickDistance 100
    If you still have a fdi file that renames the device, it will be
    Code:
    xsetwacom set touch RightClickDistance 100
    The new configurable items are:

Code:
    RightClickDistance : maximum finger spacing allowed for a right click touch gesture
    ZoomPinchDistance : minimum distance required before starting a zoom touch gesture
    ActivateDistance : minimum finger motion distance required for starting any gesture
    ScrollActivateDistance : minimum finger motion distance required for starting a scroll gesture
    GestureTapTime : maximum time between events required to start a gesture
    If you have 6x8 tablet you will need to update these defaults probably, and if anyone can post what works best for them for either tablet size, I can update the defaults. The defaults work for me on my 4x5.

Thanks,
    Ob1
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!

Just tested, it provides better default values for the touch, but the only gesture I get is the zoom... No scroll, no right button, etc... tested on karmik64 with P&T (0xd1)

edit0 : few 'bugs':
    1. the touch 'button1' is not remapable
      Code:
      xsetwacom set "Wacom_Bamboo_P&T_4x5_Touch" Button1 "core key quotedbl touch space button1 space pressed quotedbl"
      does nothing, the clic is still passed to X.
    2. the touch_pad buttons are wrong: 1&2 correct, 3=1 and 4=2

I test buttons of each device (all found in xsetwacom list) with this:
    Code:
    function initIt()
    {
            DEVICE="$1"

xsetwacom set $DEVICE Gesture on

(( i=1 ))
            while [ $i -lt 33 ];
            do
    #init all buttons to display a string
                    xsetwacom set $DEVICE Button$i "core key quotedbl ${DEVICE} space button$i space pressed quotedbl" 2>/dev/null

#set default button
    #                xsetwacom set $DEVICE Button$i "button $i" 2>/dev/null
            (( i=${i}+1 ))
            done

for event in RelWUp  RelWDn AbsWUp  AbsWDn StripLUp StripLDn StripRUp StripRDn
            do
    #init all gestures to display a string
                    xsetwacom set $DEVICE $event "core key quotedbl $DEVICE space $event space pressed quotedbl"

done
    }
    Last edited by zebarbu; January 23rd, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kenobi View Post
    Hi all,

Here is a new combined bamboo p&t patch for linuxwacom-0.8.5-9. Hoping some people can test it and provide feedback.
    I tested it. It does work on my gentoo system after i patch original config.in to disable xf86config . However, 60-wacom.rules from debian herd did not work on my system, I had to comment string with KERNEL!="event[0-9]*" to make device working.

thanks a lot!

Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast