Quote Originally Posted by texaswriter View Post
I think somebody posted a thread for this dual monitor issue. Obviously, I think this thread and those that attend it [myself including] have proven that any question relating to wacom tablets are welcome, this particular thread is more centered around the basic functionality of the touch & pen bamboo tablets with respect to the alpha/beta drivers being developed by the volunteers. So, hopefully that thread proves useful for those particular users.

As a question to somebody who is a bit more "in the know" about the kernel changes, I noticed when I did the last update to the Kubuntu kernel, the wacom tablet no longer works at startup. I have to do the following to get even the stylus and touch to work. Then the stylus and touch work as per my previous post.
Code:
sudo modprobe -r wacom; sudo modprobe wacom;
How is the small kernel changes effecting this so much. before, the stylus worked, but the touch acted like a scroll bar. [as one of my previous posts says].
The last kernel update updated the kernel headers, but I'm not entirely sure that it was an actual revision number change... I thought the uname-r was the same. 2.6.31-20-generic-pae
Whenever there is a kernel update, you will need to rebuild the kernel module. This is because kernel updates will send new kernel modules over since they are compiled with the updated kernel source. This will usually overwrite the kernel module that you compiled. Even though the uname -r info is the same, there was a point release (2.6.32-20.XX) that changed something for the kernel. I hop that answers your question.