Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1132

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by texaswriter View Post
    I think somebody posted a thread for this dual monitor issue. Obviously, I think this thread and those that attend it [myself including] have proven that any question relating to wacom tablets are welcome, this particular thread is more centered around the basic functionality of the touch & pen bamboo tablets with respect to the alpha/beta drivers being developed by the volunteers. So, hopefully that thread proves useful for those particular users.

As a question to somebody who is a bit more "in the know" about the kernel changes, I noticed when I did the last update to the Kubuntu kernel, the wacom tablet no longer works at startup. I have to do the following to get even the stylus and touch to work. Then the stylus and touch work as per my previous post.
    Code:
    sudo modprobe -r wacom; sudo modprobe wacom;
    How is the small kernel changes effecting this so much. before, the stylus worked, but the touch acted like a scroll bar. [as one of my previous posts says].
    The last kernel update updated the kernel headers, but I'm not entirely sure that it was an actual revision number change... I thought the uname-r was the same. 2.6.31-20-generic-pae
    Whenever there is a kernel update, you will need to rebuild the kernel module. This is because kernel updates will send new kernel modules over since they are compiled with the updated kernel source. This will usually overwrite the kernel module that you compiled. Even though the uname -r info is the same, there was a point release (2.6.32-20.XX) that changed something for the kernel. I hop that answers your question.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

0.8.5-12 came out today. everything is the same for me; pen working perfectly, touch barely working.

two differences with the newer version though; multitouch stopped working, but it barely worked before anyway so it's no loss to me. and now the "touch" section in wacomcpl returns an error message when clicked. but it still has no options.

Get: Unknown parameter 'gesture'
    Get: Unknown parameter 'gesture'
    while executing
    "exec xsetwacom get "$device" gesture "
    (procedure "createPanel" line 47)
    invoked from within
    "createPanel 1 1 0 1"
    (procedure "CreateDevicePanel" line 10)
    invoked from within
    "CreateDevicePanel $type $model"
    (procedure "updateDevice" line 25)
    invoked from within
    "updateDevice"
    (command bound to event)
    the rest of wacomcpl still works fine though. (stylus, eraser, pad)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

An update to my status:
    after fighting a little more, I foud that I had installed the synaptics drivers (I don't even imagine why, probably by default).
    I uninstalled them and now I only have my bamboo device in the output of xinput.

But still with the "touch touch" name.

No way to confine the cursor on a sigle screen: it can move to the second, and then cannot move back to the first: it stays confined to the second. It's like the border between the two screens is one-way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Have just installed 0.8.5-12 and my Wacom Bamboo Fun Touch & Pen CTH-661/S now works reliably with the stylus (on 0.8.5-11 I got a dancing pointer and phantom button presses). Touch doesn't work (yet) but I can live with a working stylus .

Beans

Hi

Thanks for this topic

i apply the first post and everything work fine for my Bamboo Pen

some remarks :
    if your X11 is managed by Hal ( Ubuntu Karmic for example) don't forget to install the lib hal developpement as Ayuthai show us in the first post

it will be great to simulate mouse wheel when stylus move on tablet with button 2 press like under windows

How do this under linux ? it is possible with actual driver or need modifications of it ?

another thing which could be great is emulation of more button : button 1 (stylus) and button 2 press together emulate button 4 for example
    Last edited by Arialia; April 4th, 2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: precisions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Ayuthia/other developers> I compiled the latest version from the open source website and am using that. Touch is working as well [it seems] as in the version downloaded here. Touch and multitouch work ok. Same problem with losing track if you move too fast. I just downloaded the version on the website and compiled according to the directions in the first post.

The new version is installed on my home computer, but same OS: Kubuntu Karmic.

For anybody doing this however, the part of the steps where you copy the driver to your $(uname -r), the SOURCE directory has to be updated because the driver is no longer compiled and put into the 27 kernel directory, it's now put in the 30... so replace the "27" with "30".

Beans

Hi guys

I have just bought a Bamboo pen and touch and I am having a problem with the "make clean" command. Although I have been using Ubuntu for nearly a year now, I am still relatively unexperienced with terminal commands, in the end I just copy paste whatever you tell me too.

This bit of code keeps coming up after I use the make clean command in the second code bubble in the Option A section and I dont know what to do from here, is this normal?
    Code:
    make clean
    make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
    I am just making a normal compile and install. Also I don't wont to move on as I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

Sorry if this has been said before, but scouring through a thread with 100 pages is just too much.
    Last edited by PidgeyBlock; April 5th, 2010 at 09:53 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PidgeyBlock View Post
    Hi guys

I have just bought a Bamboo pen and touch and I am having a problem with the "make clean" command. Although I have been using Ubuntu for nearly a year now, I am still relatively unexperienced with terminal commands, in the end I just copy paste whatever you tell me too.

This bit of code keeps coming up after I use the make clean command in the second code bubble in the Option A section and I dont know what to do from here, is this normal?
    Code:
    make clean
    make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
    I am just making a normal compile and install. Also I don't wont to move on as I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

Sorry if this has been said before, but scouring through a thread with 100 pages is just too much.
    as it is first time you compile the driver , this error is normal because it has nothing to clean , but after compiling , if you made changes it is better to do 'make clean'

so don't be afraid about this 'error' it is perfecly normal

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alpharesearch View Post
    Please put this note in your howto, thank you.

Now thoses two lines in the file:
    /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi
    file work:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.TwinView" type="string">Horizontal</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenNo" type="string">0</merge>
    Hello,

Is there a specific location in the file where these lines should go?
    Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Arialia View Post
    as it is first time you compile the driver , this error is normal because it has nothing to clean , but after compiling , if you made changes it is better to do 'make clean'

so don't be afraid about this 'error' it is perfecly normal
    Oh thank you Arialia, I was afraid I did something wrong. I am going to continue on with the installation thing then.

Thanks so much

EDIT: Yay I'm lucky 1000
    Last edited by PidgeyBlock; April 6th, 2010 at 03:18 AM.

Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast