Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    Okay, tried 25.4 again, this time with the included fdi instead of the Favux generic one that I had been using. Same problem (nothing from either stylus or touch).

I've syslog attached, but there's no mention of wacom in it. I'm not sure what else I'd be looking for.
    Can you try it with the patches from the first post? It includes the debugger information that might help.

Beans

Yeah, just tried it with Patch 34. Logs attached. Everything works properly here, so I'm not sure what was wrong with the way I was using 25.4.

Hi ob1, I'm using karmic, with 2.6.31-15-generic. My device is the 0xd1 (CTH-460, same as yours, I think).

The fdi file I'm using is Favux's latest I think. I'll attach that too just in case.

Gotta head off now - hopefully to watch the Irish soccer team pull of a miracle by hammering the French in Paris.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kenobi View Post
    Thanks for the report. I'm still trying to track down the sequencing issue with the touch and pad tools in the Hal file. X.org assigns the touch x_max and y_max to the pad if you don't restart x, a logout or reboot usually gets the correct scaling back for me.
    I've made it a habit to always reboot after installing a new patch. But I've found out: If the tablet is plugged in when I restart X, I get the correct scale. If I (re)plug it in later (no matter if it was or was not plugged in when X started) the scale is wrong.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    I've made it a habit to always reboot after installing a new patch. But I've found out: If the tablet is plugged in when I restart X, I get the correct scale. If I (re)plug it in later (no matter if it was or was not plugged in when X started) the scale is wrong.
    Yep, any time the Xorg input system inits or reinits the device after Xorg is already running the scale gets set on the pad subdevice rather than the touch device. I'm guessing it is somewhere in the wacom xdrv code...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

This isn't the most perfect solution, but we should be able to add it to the fdi file so that it will be recognized. The xdrv would then be able to configure it every time. I think you are able to configure the TopX and BottomX, the MaxX, and ResolutionX. It does not have the MaxTouchX and MaxTouchY configurable though.

I would think that it would look something like:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">0</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">0</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">740</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">500</merge>
    I would guess that it would go under the touch definition, but I don't have too much experience with this.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; November 18th, 2009 at 09:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

I am a desperated because patching the wacom-driver as discribed here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=144 doesn't work...

I always get this error in "sudo make":
    Code:
    cp /lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h .
    cp: Aufruf von stat für „/lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h“ nicht möglich: No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 1
    make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/ich/Desktop/neuDownloads/wacomtreiber/linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src/2.6.31'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/ich/Desktop/neuDownloads/wacomtreiber/linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    Has anyone a idea what I might have done wrong?

Beans

25.4 with its fdi.

I don't have the left-click effect anymore, which is a great relief! Setting touch to relative mode works out of the box (no need to set bottomx and bottomy with xsetwacom). Eraser and stylus work fine. Stylus overwrites touch as it's supposed to be.

I had one occurence of X hanging. When it happend, I hadn't used the tablet for a while, but used the laptop touchpad to navigate around and open up Gimp. My cursor turned into a clock (my Windowmanager normally doesn't do that...) and the grahics card/monitor made an awful high-pitched sound (like an old TV set)... until I pressed the upper tablet button. After that everything worked fine again. I'm attaching logs from the seconds before/around the hang.

Edit:

Code:
    $ xsetwacom list
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen     stylus
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen_eraser     eraser
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Touch     touch
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Touch_pad     touch
    The pad is touch and not pad. Dunno if that's a bad thing?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rebecca2525; November 18th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    I am going to move the updates into the first post in a couple of hours. I run into a busy morning over here. I did not update one of my laptops that is running Gentoo and now I am paying the price for it, I was updating a guide to install 0.8.4-4 for N-Trig devices, and now I have to take my son to the library. I sure hope my wife does not go into labor today.

So if you don't hear from me within the next 24-hours, then the last sentence in the previous paragraph occurred.
    WOW!!! Much more exciting then tablet stuff Dad!!

Beans

25.4 with its fdi.

I don't have the left-click effect anymore, which is a great relief! Setting touch to relative mode works out of the box (no need to set bottomx and bottomy with xsetwacom). Eraser and stylus work fine. Stylus overwrites touch as it's supposed to be.

I had one occurence of X hanging. When it happend, I hadn't used the tablet for a while, but used the laptop touchpad to navigate around and open up Gimp. My cursor turned into a clock (my Windowmanager normally doesn't do that...) and the grahics card/monitor made an awful high-pitched sound (like an old TV set)... until I pressed the upper tablet button. After that everything worked fine again. I'm attaching logs from the seconds before/around the hang.
    There are still issues with the multi-touch and getting into a state where touch stops responding until you click a button on the tablet or touch inside the white box.
    There's nothing in your logs that look like anything bad happened because of the wacom.

I think the monitor issue was probably a gremlin than being related to the wacom.

Edit:

Code:
    $ xsetwacom list
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen     stylus
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen_eraser     eraser
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Touch     touch
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Touch_pad     touch
    The pad is touch and not pad. Dunno if that's a bad thing?
    That's a symptom of the scaling problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineM View Post
    I am a desperated because patching the wacom-driver as discribed here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=144 doesn't work...

I always get this error in "sudo make":
    Code:
    cp /lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h .
    cp: Aufruf von stat für „/lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h“ nicht möglich: No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 1
    make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/ich/Desktop/neuDownloads/wacomtreiber/linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src/2.6.31'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/ich/Desktop/neuDownloads/wacomtreiber/linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    Has anyone a idea what I might have done wrong?
    Hi Elaine - welcome to the forum BTW!
    I can't read German, but I think your problem is you didn't get the hid headers. did you do the lines...
    Code:
    # wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git-repos/ubuntu/linux-2.6/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    # cp ./hid-ids.h /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    # apt-get install patch
    ... did it install ok?

EDIT: This was from my howto at post #541 - you should do that howto COMPLETELY FIRST, then you can go to post #1 here if you want to try patching, but it may not work as you expect if you patch.
    Last edited by kgingeri; November 18th, 2009 at 10:13 PM.

Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast