Page 41 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Ok, I may be stable here again with out tablet plugged in and wacom removed.

My thought is that maybe Ayuthia's sequence in post #1 should be:
    Code:
    sudo make install
    sudo modprobe -r wacom
    sudo cp src/2.6.28/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    sudo depmod -a
    sudo modprobe wacom
    Is it possible we are not always getting the wacom.ko loaded we think we are?! Probably not an issue, but thought about it more since having the seg fault. I may have been touching the tablet when I issued the command so maybe that could have done it? It may just be a one-off to not worry about either.

OK, now I do gotta get some shut-eye... tomorrow guys and gals

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    If ob1kenobi's code tomorrow fixes the bug crash, we will continue from there. Since kgingeri's results for patch 29 does not get the stylus working happily I will hold patch 30 as is for now.

The main change in patch 30 is with wacom_wac.c in line 171 where:
    Code:
            x = wacom_be16_to_cpu ((unsigned char *)&data[3 + (idx * 9)]) & 0x1ff;
    is changed to:
    Code:
            x = wacom_be16_to_cpu ((unsigned char *)&data[3 + (idx * 9)]) & 0x3ff;
    Otherwise, nothing else really changed. So if the stylus does not report anything, you might try changing the bolded portion back to 0x1ff.
    ...OK just one more response
    Ayuthia, the pen was not TOTALLY unresponsive - a click on the tablet did give me 10 Enter's and the eraser was like a right click. That's more than I've had before. I did not get any cursor tracking tho - at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

You know your a complete geek when you can't go to bed cuz you gotta try one more thing - right

Well I thought I would try Favux's test3 fdi (it's the best one for me so far) and I have been running now (with 'top' in a terminal in case of crash) since a little after my last post - with BOTH touch and pen Also, you have the benefit of using xsetwacom to adjust things!

One weird thing was when I set Button1 on pad, I lost touch (no pun intended ). To set it back to default, don't include a value - so...
    Code:
     ...to set Button1...
    $ xsetwacom set pad Button1 "core key A"
    ...to reset...
    $ xsetwacom set pad Button1
    ...back to default, I got touch back. So the buttons are quite programmable properly just yet.

One thing I have noticed is after touch is idle, it seems to take a second or two to 'kick-in' again. The stylus works fine even while touching the tablet. Did I mention that the stylus buttons all work, including eraser - oh and pressure too

I think I'll leave it run thru the night. Dnprossi otta be up soon, so maybe he can try it too? Nothing like global development

So to summarize:
    1. use Ob1's patch from here #390
    2. Favux's alt.touch_test3 fdi here #384 in previous thread
    3. watch out for your system hanging solid.

Have at it everyone!
    ...oh sleep, why doest thou allude me....zz z Z Z Z Z
    Last edited by kgingeri; November 17th, 2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling and added info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Awesome kgingeri!!!

Didn't someone say one of the tablet buttons can/or does turn touch on/off in Win7? So could Button1 be that button, and it's suppose to be toggling touch on and off?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Awesome kgingeri!!!

Didn't someone say one of the tablet buttons can/or does turn touch on/off in Win7? So could Button1 be that button, and it's suppose to be toggling touch on and off?
    hi Favux,
    Yes, on windows, button 1 toggles touch on/off...

Beans
    Distro

Hi dnprossi,

Thanks for confirming that.

I'm not sure how you would toggle touch on and off though.
    Code:
    xsetwacom set pad Button1 "????"
    I don't see anything obvious. Looking at:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list mod
    doesn't show anything that jumps out at me. At least kgingeri has shown us:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set pad Button1
    sets it to touch on. I guess a launcher with any other value would turn it off and one with no value turns touch back on. Seems a little clumsy. Be nicer to actually use the button.
    Last edited by Favux; November 17th, 2009 at 10:02 AM.

Beans

hi favuk...
    Was reading all missed posts and got lost, so decided to start with ayuthia's 30 patch and favuk's test 3 at first then messed it up a little and it may seem heretic but with the, maybe silly changes i did (playing around with a lot of imagination) I now got a

tablet working as a touchpad
    correct size pad
    receiving correct data in messages.log from buttons

Stylus working as should except buttons that work only on touching tablet with tip.

wacomcpl with errors but seem not to be important because everything works..

I attached fdi, please someone try it because it is strange...

I'll test ob1's patches now!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 17th, 2009 at 10:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi dnprossi,

Actually no, it now looks like the standard Wacom usb graphic tablet .fdi. See post #176. Except for touch, and I would have touch after pad. And you are showing that touch can be appended to stylus with an info.callout through hal-setup-wacom just like a serial tablet pc with touch. All of this on 'if0'.

My concern would be that I think we already ruled this out. If you look closely I think there is a good chance that the touch is provided by a touchpad .fdi/driver through evdev or something similar. And that's why wacomcpl looks funny with errors.

Stylus working as should except buttons that work only on touching tablet with tip.
    That's the default setting. If you want to change it to "hover" mode in wacomcpl you go to Tool Buttons in stylus and change Side Switch Mode to Side Switch Only.

Beans

OK!! now i get it. Thanks for clearness. I will now try correct fdi's from ayuthia, ob1 and then your test3 as kgingeri's above...

That's the default setting. If you want to change it to "hover" mode in wacomcpl you go to Tool Buttons in stylus and change Side Switch Mode to Side Switch Only.
    Thanks! I must have read that in previous posts but just to much stuff to remember all...

Beans

Because this thread is growing at the speed of light I will report my tests on an earlier post so please goto #321

*** Updated tests to ayuthia's patch 0.8.5-4 30 ob1kenobi's 0.8.5-4
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 17th, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

Page 41 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast