Page 91 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi everyone,

It looks like there may be a problem with the linuxwacom 0.8.5-10 wacomcpl and the Bamboo P & T's.
    Hi Favux,

What is the problem this addresses? Following the instructions on this thread, I can launch wacomcpl, but cannot calibrate Touch in it. All else seems fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi nossifer,

Great! That's what I need to know. So wacomcpl is working for you? When you click on a device in the device list the options for it show? Even the touch options (minus calibration)?

Others were saying despite the device names appearing in the device list the options aren't showing for anything.

Are you using the new-working .fdi?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Congratz to everybody to getting this working. This rocks!!!!

Just wanted to say, I just installed the latest according to the last directions given. That is, I should have an unpatched version of the driver running. Haven't tested pen [assuming that works ], I left my pen at home today. But gestures are alot better, actually usable now. But what was previously stated is true. Loses track if you move too fast and sometimes you have to repeat gestures.

If there is anything somebody would like me to investigate, lemme know. I'll keep you guys informed if I run into any problems.

Otherwise, thanks for getting me cth-460 working

kudoS!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi everyone,
    It looks like there may be a problem with the linuxwacom 0.8.5-10 wacomcpl and the Bamboo P & T's.
    Hi Favux

I am using linuxwacom 0.8.5-10 with its original .fdi with my P&T CTH-460.

Wacomcpl is working as ever (meaning, still can't change assignments to some tablet buttons), but as far as I can tell, all is "well". But with Touch I have absolutely no options (no calibrating, no nothing).

If you need more help, drop us a line.
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro

Hi bromalex,

Thanks.

Ok, so in the wacomcpl you're seeing something similar to:
    Code:
    Wacom_Bamboo_2FG_4x51_touch
    and when you click on it no options for touch.

However other device names, like ending with nothing, give you the stylus options as normal. Or eraser gives you those options and pad the button options. Correct? If so it is a P & T specific problem. That narrows it down significantly and means we can hope for a quick fix.

Is there any problem when you replug the tablet and the name changes to?:
    Code:
    Wacom_Bamboo_2FG_4x53_touch
    Re the buttons. It looks like they now have a handle on that. There is a problem with what button numbers Xinput expects scroll events on. So hopefully that will be fixed in 0.8.5-11 due out in w 2 to 3 weeks.

That's why I'm trying to get a handle on wacomcpl so it's fixed for 0.8.5-11.

Hi texaswriter,

Great!
    Just wanted to say, I just installed the latest according to the last directions given.
    I assume you mean Ayuthia's on the first post. Could you please clarify?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs down Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi texaswriter,

Great!

I assume you mean Ayuthia's on the first post. Could you please clarify?
    Yes, but I installed the new one that somebody posted a few pages ago, but it was with th same instructions as on Ayuthia's first post. But it was the 0.8.5-10 driver that was linked in afore mentioned post a few pages ago.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=900

There's the link to the post.

Hope that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi bromalex,
    Thanks.
    Ok, so in the wacomcpl you're seeing something similar to:
    Favux

Yes. That is the behavior I am getting.
    Maybe some screenshots will help. (last 3 pics, after a replug)
    After a replug I get the same behavior, only the names will change.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bromalex; February 23rd, 2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Explanation on screenshots
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro

Hi texaswriter,

OK, I think I've got you. You followed the little how to I posted for 0.8.5-10. But that was the first time you tried 5-10, correct? It wasn't because you were on 0.8.5-10 with the wacomcpl not working? Previously it had been the patched 0.8.5-9 or whatever for you, right?

Anyway glad you like -10!

Hi bromalex,

Thanks again. Those screen shots showed me something I wasn't aware of. The number after a re-plug is going on the end of Pen (the device type), say Pen16. But on touch and pad it's going on the end of the Pad dimensions, as in 4x516, and before the device type. I don't think that is intended behavior.

Wacomcpl works for you except for touch.

The device name is cut off in the list box, but you can see it in the top device name box. I already told them about that.

Does the name changing interfere with xsetwacom scripts? Since the script has one name and then it changes. Or is xsetwacom handling that?

Cool! So wacomcpl can now accept device names rather than just stylus, eraser, cursor, pad, and touch. Although to be honest those seem more elegant to me. The device names seem a little lengthy and cumbersome, although informative.

Beans

Hi nossifer,

Great! That's what I need to know. So wacomcpl is working for you? When you click on a device in the device list the options for it show? Even the touch options (minus calibration)?

Others were saying despite the device names appearing in the device list the options aren't showing for anything.

Are you using the new-working .fdi?
    Hi Favux.
    Yes, using the new-working. Followed your latest instructions and I think the gestures are improved as well!
    My names were originally the descriptive ones, but on reboot, they are just "Touch" etc. I cant care either way, as long as they both work (which they do)

Yes. wacomcpl gives the same results as bromalux's screencaps.

Beans
    Distro

Hi nossifer,

Thank you for the update. That's interesting, your results seem to be hinting at some version conflict.

The reason you lost the descriptive name is probably "purge wacom-tools" removed the new-working .fdi. Or 0.8.5-10 now installs the .fdi automatically when compiled. Not sure which. You could check and see if the .fdi was changed. If you want the descriptive names you could use the new-working .fdi.

Actually I'd be interested in knowing if going back to (if it was overwritten) the new-working changed the performance any.

Page 91 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast