Page 58 of 114 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hello Rebecca2525,

I had very similar issues (without sounds) with non patched one. I did not spend much time on it then changed to #34 and issues where gone. I believe I had build issues somewhere. I'll retry 25.4 building to see if that was the problem.

EDIT!!!

As I said 25.4 will not compile correctly.
    Code:
    patch -p1 < wactablet.h.patch - Not Found
    Not being patched this is causing touch to still work as stylus + left-click and several hangs

The following similar to your xsetwacom list output is caused by wrong fdi
    you may be using src/util/linuxwacom.fdi should be using Favux test2 at bottom of post #1:
    Code:
    Wacom_Bamboo_Craft_Touch     touch
    Wacom_Bamboo_Craft_Touch_pad     touch
    Wacom_Bamboo_Craft_Pen     stylus
    Wacom_Bamboo_Craft_Pen_eraser     eraser
    Try prepatch 34 and Favux fdi problems will be gone..

REEDIT!!!
    You can also try adding in "if0" fdi part changing "d2" to your tablet id: d0, d1, d3, d4
    Code:
    <match key="info.udi" contains_not="d2">
      <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">pad</append>
    </match>
    in place of line
    Code:
      <append key="wacom.types" type="strlist">pad</append>
    This will get rid of double pad in xsetwacom list
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 22nd, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Beans

OK, tried 34 with Favux test2 fdi from the first post.

One hang of cursor movement withh touch so far, and one occasion where somehow the focus was stuck to my terminal window. I could move the cursor elsewhere, just not issue clicks and the look of the cursor stayed the way it looks in the terminal window. I could escape that situation with the tablet buttons. (Tablet buttons seem to be the way out of anything )

Also, when I tap on the touch to issue a left click, the cursor jumps a bit, which makes left-clicking extremely hard. In relative mode, it jumps to the lower right corner of my first screen (still in dualhead right now). I didn't have that problem with 25.4 and its fdi.

Touch cursor movement still a bit jittery.

Xsetwacom now lists:
    Code:
    stylus     stylus
    pad     pad
    cursor     cursor
    touch     touch
    eraser     eraser
    pad     pad
    I don't have time to investigate any further now, gotta go. No X hang so far, but they didn't occur very frequently, so that doesn't mean anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Yes... Buttons are still causing some trouble.. But don't crash as before just need to be reclicked...

Also, when I tap on the touch to issue a left click, the cursor jumps a bit, which makes left-clicking extremely hard. In relative mode, it jumps to the lower right corner of my first screen (still in dualhead right now). I didn't have that problem with 25.4 and its fdi.
    Yes, confirm.. in absolute mode there are issues, when tapping the cursor moves a bit to much off direction.

In relative mode it is better.. Buttons together with finger movemnet may cause freeze and when button reclicked the jumps. Somehow resolution is reset differently. If you don't touch them though for now all should work fine.. Also a reboot is needed to fix things. Plug/unplug will not work

This helps when working stylus only
    toggle touch on/off
    Code:
      xsetwacom set touch Touch off
      xsetwacom set touch Touch on
    Yes, confirm... Touch cursor movement still a bit jittery. Some sensitivity settings are needed like in windows.

This is what you got with src/util/10-linuxwacom.fdi
    Code:
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Touch     touch
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen     stylus
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Touch_pad     touch
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen_eraser     eraser
    Xsetwacom now lists:
    Code:

stylus stylus
    pad pad
    cursor cursor
    touch touch
    eraser eraser
    pad pad
    Now your tablet is correctly found having correct fdi... You still have two pads though. That should be fixed with instructions on my previous post. I had some trouble because of that too.

Issue with src/util/10-linuxwacom.fdi is that to use stylus pressure in gimp you will have to set it up from Preferences whereas Favux test2 will enable automatic recognition of stylus within gimp...
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 22nd, 2009 at 03:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

I think I'm getting a handle on the duplicate sub-device problem. It would be helpful to have the lshal from the new-working .fdi on post #384 and the new-generic test 2 on the first post of this thread from the same P & T. And also the lshal on the new-generic test 2 without the Wacom name "parser" at the end of the .fdi.

Either with an info.callout and append line(s) HAL/DeviceKit automatically sets up a logicaldev_input_subdev whether it exists or not; or hal-setup-wacom is not checking to see if the sub-device exists and is letting HAL/DeviceKit set it up. In other words depending on how HAL/DeviceKit functions, it may be possible to code hal-setup-wacom to check if a sub-device exists, and if it doesn't, tell HAL not to set up the logicaldev_input_subdev for the non-existent sub-device.

Sanity check. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Either way it may not be something we can tackle through the .fdi without a lot of new contains or contains_not lines. We might just have to live with confusing duplicate non-functional names.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    It would be helpful to have the lshal from the new-working .fdi on post #384 and the new-generic test 2 on the first post of this thread from the same P & T.
    See attached files.

And also the lshal on the new-generic test 2 without the Wacom name "parser" at the end of the .fdi.
    Which would be what part exactly?
    Last edited by rebecca2525; November 22nd, 2009 at 07:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi rebecca2525.

Thank you for the lshal's! The "parser is":
    Code:
      <device>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="stylus">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">stylus</merge>
        </match>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="eraser">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">eraser</merge>
        </match>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="cursor">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">cursor</merge>
        </match>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="pad">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">pad</merge>
        </match>
        <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="touch">
          <merge key="info.product" type="string">touch</merge>
        </match>
      </device>
    Also did you by any chance try the new-generic test3.4? I'm interested in seeing if there's a different "xsetwacom list"/wacomcpl with it. I tend to doubt it but it would be nice to be sure.

Edit: Oops! The lshal_new_working.txt doesn't have the lsahl (207 bytes).
    Last edited by Favux; November 22nd, 2009 at 07:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Oh wow! Maybe there is a difference that we can use to exclude! Early days. Please send the rest of the lshal's rebecca2525.

Beans

One of the files was an lsusb output, here it comes again.

Beans
    Distro

Hi rebecca2525,

Great! Thank you so much!

By the way from your lshal I could tell I accidentally left off the pad line in 'if0' for new-generic test3.4.

Ok, try this new-generic test3.5 .fdi and see if it gets rid of the cursor and extra pad in "xsetwacom list" and wacomcpl.

Edit: I decided to stop procrastinating and post the release candidate. It does work for the TX2000 and TX2500 but unfortunately the pad on 'if1' shows up. The filter on the "parser" doesn't catch it due to an unexplained difference (at least to me) in how HAL handles subdev's on 'if1'. It also adds the E2. No sight of the E3 and the new Thinkpad X200t has a serial multi-touch screen that we haven't figured out yet. Other than labeling things and adding a few serial lines it's the same as test3.5. I also added a debug version for testing the P & T's on this thread.

Edit2: We got the new X200t multi-touch set up with linuxwacom 0.8.5-6. Using the .fdi in 0.8.5-6 as a template I modified the serial section and added more serial tablets, hence rc2 and the debug version. 21 downloads of rc1 and 9 of the debug version.

With any of the .fdi's below you should be able to use wacomcpl to calibrate and configure your P & T. See "Section 3: Calibrating your Tablet".
    Last edited by Favux; December 17th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.

Beans

Hi Favux,
    It works, you did get rid of pad and cursor..
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 23rd, 2009 at 09:03 AM.

Page 58 of 114 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast