Page 52 of 114 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineM View Post
    I am a desperated because patching the wacom-driver as discribed here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=144 doesn't work...

I always get this error in "sudo make":
    Code:
    cp /lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h .
    cp: Aufruf von stat für „/lib/modules/2.6.31-14-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h“ nicht möglich: No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 1
    make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/ich/Desktop/neuDownloads/wacomtreiber/linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src/2.6.31'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/ich/Desktop/neuDownloads/wacomtreiber/linuxwacom-0.8.4-3/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    Has anyone a idea what I might have done wrong?
    Hi ElaineM,

You need to make sure you followed post #1 of this thread. The hid-ids.h needs to be retrieved from ubuntu's repository using the instructions you'll see in post #1. Then it should build.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    This isn't the most perfect solution, but we should be able to add it to the fdi file so that it will be recognized. The xdrv would then be able to configure it every time. I think you are able to configure the TopX and BottomX, the MaxX, and ResolutionX. It does not have the MaxTouchX and MaxTouchY configurable though.

I would think that it would look something like:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopX" type="string">0</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.TopY" type="string">0</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomX" type="string">740</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.BottomY" type="string">500</merge>
    I would guess that it would go under the touch definition, but I don't have too much experience with this.
    Unfortunately that won't work for all pads since the 4x5's need 480x320 instead of 740x500. I'm sure we can find the root of the problem and fix it in the kernel module or xorg driver

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ob1kenobi View Post
    I think the monitor issue was probably a gremlin than being related to the wacom.
    I'm afraid it is, because it was very similar to what I was experiencing yesterday with 25.2. (And I'm using my machine a lot without tablet, and it runs stable)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    I'm afraid it is, because it was very similar to what I was experiencing yesterday with 25.2. (And I'm using my machine a lot without tablet, and it runs stable)
    What type of graphics card and monitor are you running?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Hi ElaineM,

You need to make sure you followed post #1 of this thread. The hid-ids.h needs to be retrieved from ubuntu's repository using the instructions you'll see in post #1. Then it should build.
    ElaineM, sorry to send you all over the place. You should be using the information in post 541 instead of 144. kgingeri has been kind enough to rewrite the instructions for getting the pen portion working with our earlier set of patches. I was planning on creating a new thread for the stable version, but I have not had a chance.

Beans

I just had touch not responding again (X was fine this time, though). I was just using touch, not switching between stylus or mouse or anything and the cursor stopped moving. When I tapped on the tablet, I still got right-click, but the cursor was still stuck. It got unstuck after I pressed the topmost button. Logs attached.

I'm using the Intel integrated graphics card (Lenovo Thinkpad).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Unfortunately that won't work for all pads since the 4x5's need 480x320 instead of 740x500. I'm sure we can find the root of the problem and fix it in the kernel module or xorg driver
    I don't disagree with you. It might just be an easier way for now until we get the fix out. It wouldn't hurt to test it out so that we know that it does work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    I just had touch not responding again (X was fine this time, though). I was just using touch, not switching between stylus or mouse or anything and the cursor stopped moving. When I tapped on the tablet, I still got right-click, but the cursor was still stuck. It got unstuck after I pressed the topmost button. Logs attached.

I'm using the Intel integrated graphics card (Lenovo Thinkpad).
    Just to clarify, did the squeal happen again, and did it happen on 25.2?

FYI: What you are describing above is some of the code I plan to look at tonight related to multi-touch logic that isn't quite right.

Beans

Just to clarify, did the squeal happen again, and did it happen on 25.2?
    I have two different effects, both of which have occured with 25.2 and 25.4:

1.) touch stops moving the cursor
    2.) X hangs completely with weird noise and cursor turning into a clock

Both situations can be escaped with clicking the topmost tablet button (I'm not sure if other buttons work as well, but tapping on the tablet doesn't work) The first effect is what happened in my last post, the second effect is what happened in my earlier post. The second effect happens less often than the first.
    Last edited by rebecca2525; November 18th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

Is the coordinates thing happening with a suspend and resume too? That's been a long standing issue since the Jaunty Xorg. We've been using the Wacom settings daemon monitor_wacom by cyberfish for that. Obviously hotplugging hasn't been something we've had to contended with.

Page 52 of 114 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast