Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi GolemdX,

Add to the .fdi:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Rotate" type="string">HALF</merge>
    But since this is a testing thread if you can try disabled touch like Ayuthia asked that would be good. And report the Xorg.0.log and var/log/messages and lshal etc.
    Had meant to ask about that actually. Thanks GolemdX and Favux.

More generally, I've tried commenting out the touch lines from the fdi. I've no response to touch at all, and nothing appearing in /var/log/messages. I've attached a set of logs, but I don't think there anything there really.

xinput is listing Wacom Bamboo P&T, which it doesn't when the touch lines are present in the fdi, but that's the height of it really.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi marek_online,

If touch works with the current .fdi then you may need to add the line to the touch section too.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Based on the information gathered here, it looks like we will need to look at the kernel to make it happen. TheguywholikesLINUX was able to get some touch data (or at least some data that was not related to the pen) to appear.

So at this time, we can put the touch information back into the .fdi file. I will be releasing another patch soon that will try to initialize another variable for the touch.

Beans
    Distro

I have created a new patch (but forgot to update the revision number--sorry!). This one has a new init parameter for the touch to see if it does anything. It will use the original .fdi that is currently patched.

I am also going to test out a new patch for the touch. This one comes from Pierre Chambart who submitted it to the linuxwacom site. If it does work for all the devices, I will let them know.

Please test the patch (it is in the first post) and submit the Xorg.0.log and the /var/log/messages so we can see what is happening. Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Man, I must be bad at this. What I did was add that line inside the fdi.patch file, applied the patch, recompiled, and nothing happened.

Sorry if I'm slowing you down . What can I do to help?

EDIT: I'll test the new patch .

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by GolemdX View Post
    Man, I must be bad at this. What I did was add that line inside the fdi.patch file, applied the patch, recompiled, and nothing happened.

Sorry if I'm slowing you down . What can I do to help?

EDIT: I'll test the new patch .
    At this point, you should only need to use the patches to make it work. You will also need to copy the 60-wacom.rules like the first post mentions also. Anyone-if this information is incorrect, please let me know.

Thanks for helping!

Beans
    Distro

The new patch fixed the cursor position for me, it stays where it should!

Also, I was talking about switching the tablet to left-handed mode (rotating it 180 degrees).

Beans
    Distro

The new patch fixed the cursor position for me, it stays where it should!

Also, I was talking about switching the tablet to left-handed mode (rotating it 180 degrees).
    Oops. Sorry about that. You might try and edit /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10-linuxwacom.fdi and add the line there after you do the 'sudo make install'. If you applied the patch after you made your change, it must have wiped out your change.

Beans
    Distro

Eugh... I just ran the command

Code:
    sudo cp src/util/60-wacom.rules /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules
    because I hadn't before and now it's not working. I'll try the process again.

EDIT: Did another sudo make install. It's still not working. Also, there is no /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules on my system, after that.
    Last edited by GolemdX; November 12th, 2009 at 12:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Eugh... I just ran the command

Code:
    sudo cp src/util/60-wacom.rules /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules
    because I hadn't before and now it's not working. I'll try the process again.

EDIT: Did another sudo make install. It's still not working. Also, there is no /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules on my system, after that.
    You might try copying the file over there again. Confirm that /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules is there and then restart.

Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast