Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Personally, touch isn't high priority.

This thread was only created approximately 2 hours after I got my Bamboo, and so far it's been functioning great with the patches.

I too, have the problem with the resolution of the screen/tablet and the mouse not being in the right position once the pen loses 'focus', but I understand that's normal for now.

My real question is, how/can I switch the tablet to the equivalent of 'left handed mode'? I have to hold the tablet the opposite side around, which leads to my hand pressing and smudging the buttons when I'm at the side. The only differencees (that I know of) is that the tablet's pen area is rotated 180 degrees, and the order of the buttons on the tablet are reversed. Not too bad, but it's nicer to have the tablet the other way around so my hand won't get slowed down by the shiny surface.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi GolemdX,

Add to the .fdi:
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Rotate" type="string">HALF</merge>
    But since this is a testing thread if you can try disabled touch like Ayuthia asked that would be good. And report the Xorg.0.log and var/log/messages and lshal etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks. I also just noticed pen pressure isn't working for me in GIMP or InkScape (dunno about anywhere else).

EDIT: Just tried repatching... not sure if this was here before the edit, but I get

Code:
    patch: **** malformed patch at line 75:  </deviceinfo>
    EDIT2: The edit didn't seem to work. Did I do something wrong?
    Last edited by GolemdX; November 11th, 2009 at 02:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Actually, I don't really have a preference on which driver takes it as long as the touch works. If it works, then we can get that source and see what it is doing to make the touch talk.
    As promised, here are my logs. This is after a clean reboot. At first, the wacom driver was not loaded. Maybe you will see something in xorg.results as the tablet probably registered as something else. Then, I've loaded the wacom driver (you will see this in both logs) and try to move the pointer with the stylus (which worked fine) and then, I tried just about anything in touch mode (buttons and touch basically).

Both mode of the tablet are registering to the same ID I would think (0xd3 for my tablet). I don't see how they can be managed apart as I have to discriminate on ID.

BTW, even if I loaded without the wacom driver, the tablet was not working neither with the stylus or touch. No reaction whatsoever so... if a driver picked up the touch mode, it was not a driver that was managing the pointer as nothing was moving.

I'll let you analyse the logs and if you think you are seeing something, we will try to see how we can get to a reproducible result for test purpose and logging (by adding more log details in the proper .fdi file).

ehfortin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Back at it for a bit tonight. I think Karmic Remix has Alzheimers! Dnprossi is right.

Everything was fine the other night. Tonight I started up my netbook (Acer Aspire One also) and the tablet worked only for a few minutes. I had to reload wacom several times until it finally behaved properly and permanently! So same as I reported in some of my last posts in the other thread. I'm wondering about the rmmod - may try that. I hadn't been using it. Anyway, don't let this interfere with other more important development - I'm not concerned about it for now.

OK, I will see if I can get evdev to see any touch data, with your mods Ayuthia...

EDIT:
    I noticed I had 2 fdi files - 10-wacom.log and 10-linuxzwacom.fdi - maybe that'smy spuratic issue?! Diff on both turn up one blank line. Maybe the 'make instal' created the old style file and I dind't notice?
    Last edited by kgingeri; November 11th, 2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: additional info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Ayuthia, I could not get touch data, no how. Could we just print the packet stream (9 bytes) in binary as it comes from the tablet? This might tell us that there is at least something getting picked up from touch?

BTW, the manual clearly states that touch is disabled if the stylus or eraser are within proximity.

That's it for me tonight. later all.
    ...actually I will post my xorg log and lshal results after commenting the fdi...

See two text files attached.

Night all.

Beans

Hi Ayuthia,

I have tested un-commented and commented "touch".

EDIT!!!! This happened with empty fdi (dont know why!!!) Added xorg.log
    when commented stylus is recognized from tip and back (cursor movement) but no functionality from pressure, tip click, nor buttons. no touch

EDIT!!!! Stylus buttons tip-click etc continue working with commented fdi no touch

wacomcpl shows touch when un-commented - hides touch when commented.
    there is no log activity from touch (commented un-commented)

messages log syslog reach incredible sizes real fast when using tablet 1.1 gb... Wow!!! had to erase them and restart to see anything. viewer crashes with those sizes...

EDIT answered here!!
    How do i get rid of tablet logging in messages, syslog etc while not testing???? I commented
    Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.DebugLevel" type="string">12</merge>
    <merge key="input.x11_options.CommonDBG" type="string">12</merge>
    but logs are still filled with
    Code:
    reporting as pen
    [wacom-9]: X=13418 Y=7550 pressure: 0 d6: 0 d7: 0
    [wacom-9] data:  0:2 1:f0 2:69 3:34 4:73 5:1d 6:0 7:0
    Ubuntu Karmic Desktop - 2.6.31-15-generic
    Bamboo Fun S Pen & Touch - CTH-461/S
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 11th, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    Ayuthia, I could not get touch data, no how. Could we just print the packet stream (9 bytes) in binary as it comes from the tablet? This might tell us that there is at least something getting picked up from touch?

BTW, the manual clearly states that touch is disabled if the stylus or eraser are within proximity.

That's it for me tonight. later all.
    ...actually I will post my xorg log and lshal results after commenting the fdi...

See two text files attached.

Night all.
    The only place that I have been able to grab the packet data is from the wacom kernel module and that is where I have placed the debug statements. Do you know of another place?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by GolemdX View Post
    Personally, touch isn't high priority.
    For me, it is a priority. I need to get touch going so I can get away from the mouse as it causes me pains to use it now. Possible CTS.

Luke.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'll let you know when I have it
    Thx

Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast