Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    We can try going from 0.8.5-1. I have no problem with that. One concern is that 0.8.5-X is shifting enough that we lose stability at times so we might not have a good patch to submit. However, I am sure that it is easier to patch to the newer 0.8.5-X version once ours is ready.
    Ayuthia, hope you did not consider my above message as an imposition it just was a thought. I really don't know about loosing stability things, so it's all up to you. By a user point of view the 0.8.5-1 patch is doing a good job but really do not know if it is the best solution on your side.

I will update the first post later today to reflect the change back to 0.8.5-1 for now. Since 0.8.5-1 is no longer available, I will keep a copy of it at linuxfans.keryxproject.org.

So the next release today will be reverting back to 0.8.5.-1 and I will add the eraser back to the code also.
    what ever decision you make... Ready for testing...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Ayuthia, not sure which is best. My only thought may be if we do stick to 0.8.5-1 then maybe we are closer to getting it working in 0.8.5-3. However, just getting it working and understanding the code and functionality also has merit. Like Dnprossi, I'm with you which ever way you decide. You're d'man!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have no preference one way or the other so we are going to go back to 0.8.5-1. I have updated the first post so that it goes back to the previous version. It does add the eraser functionality so let us know if the eraser works and also if the stylus falls out of contact and does not come back (unless you put the pen on the pad and remove it twice).

I have also placed a pre-patched source file at linuxfans.keryxproject.org. The information for the package is also in the first post. Please let me know if the instructions get too confusing. Feel free to use either version since they should be the same.

Like the other times, please post the Xorg.0.log and /var/log/messages file. It will help me see what is happening. Thanks!

Beans

Thanks Ayuthia.

I have stylus back, but the same problem as before as regard the eraser - it's just picked up as the stylus.

Logs attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    Thanks Ayuthia.

I have stylus back, but the same problem as before as regard the eraser - it's just picked up as the stylus.

Logs attached.
    I just looked at your logs and it is showing that you are using version 10. We should be at 13 now.

Are you using the patches in the first post or the pre-patch source?

Beans

Tadaaa!!!

Ayuthia, all works like a charm.

I had to change fdi with the one on post #28 to get pressure to work for 0xd2 and removed /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules

0.8.5-1 in MyPaint, GIMP:
    Stylus: OK
    Stylus Buttons:OK
    MyPaint Tilting: OK
    Eraser: OK
    Touch: NONE
    Touch Buttons: NONE

Plug/Unplug: OK
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 13th, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
    On the tablet a button can be assigned to turn touch on an off. On my Mac and I expect Windows, you can assign that function to any one of the 4 buttons - so it is software driven.
    Yurk... I'm the one that talked about the turn on/turn off feature and I didn't get it then. While rereading your post, I just realized that maybe the reason we don't get any data from touch is because the damn feature is off by default... So for the model that was touch only (no pen), it would always be on which would explain why we had somebody that had it working for some time at beginning (at least, if I recall correctly).

Yes the on/off feature can be mapped to any button on the tablet but we don't know if it is on or off once initialized by the driver. Maybe the Windows/Mac driver is initializing it as on but... if the hardware is in idle mode by default (which would make sense to be the pen mode as it's what Wacom was doing first), we may be looking for data that we won't see coming until we figure how to activate the feature.

It's just a thought. Is there anyway to get access to the information directly from Wacom? I was under the impression they were involved in the linux wacom project so if there is some specific information needed, they should pass it on to help.

What do you think? Is it possible that's the situation we are getting into?

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by dnprossi View Post
    Tadaaa!!!

Ayuthia, all works like a charm.

I had to change fdi with the one on post #28 to get pressure to work for 0xd2 and removed /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rules

0.8.5-1 in MyPaint, GIMP:
    Stylus: OK
    Stylus Buttons:OK
    MyPaint Tilting: OK
    Eraser: OK
    Touch: NONE
    Touch Buttons: NONE
    That's with 0.8.5-1, right? I know that's what is beside "in MyPaint, GIMP" but as it may be a cut&paste from the previous email, I just want to make sure it is not on 0.8.5-3 as I'm heading to build the most recent working solution.

Thanks.

ehfortin

Beans

Hi ehfortin,

Yes it is 0.8.5-1 with the new patches on post #1...
    I used the ones I already had and downloaded new patches but Ayuthia prepatched 0.8.5-1 on his linuxfans.keryxproject.org download.

Also: Plug/Unplug: OK
    Last edited by dnprossi; November 13th, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Beans

Works, with eraser!

0.8.5.1 patch 13, model CTH-661 (ID 056a:00d3)

STYLUS

Pressure sensitivity: OK
    Buttons (2): OK
    Select/Drag with stylus down: OK
    Single/double tap: OK
    Pan with hovering stylus and lower button: OK
    Tilt: ? (have no app that supports it yet)

ERASER

Pressure sensitivity: OK
    Buttons (2): OK
    Select/Drag with stylus down: OK
    Single/double tap: OK
    Pan with hovering stylus and lower button: OK
    Tilt: ? (have no app that supports it yet)

TOUCH

no

TABLET BUTTONS

no

PLUG/UNPLUG

OK

=D>

Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast