Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1132

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

I am pulling my hair out trying to get twinview to work with my Bamboo Fun Medium. I spent several hours yesterday and more time today trying to get it to work. I compiled linuxwacom with --enable-wacom --enable-quirk-tablet-rescale, followed the instructions in http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...09&postcount=1 but I can't figure out how to get it to work with Twinview.

Bamboo fun medium, 32bit lucid, 2.6.32-23-generic, I've compiled xf86-input-wacom 0.10.8 and linuxwacom-0.8.8.8. My tablet works fine otherwise (Windows doesn't do anything about dual screens either), I'm just trying to configure 10-wacom.conf, or if necessary, my xorg.conf for twinview. I don't know if that's all the info someone needs to help me.

EDIT:

This works perfectly: http://kishalmi.net/cms/node/90
    Last edited by dsavi; July 29th, 2010 at 08:46 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi portets,

I think there is little doubt of it.
    The X Gesture Extension is to work hand-in-hand with the recently-drafted X.Org Multi-Touch Protocol Specification that was written by input-expert Peter Hutterer.

A draft of the X Gesture Extension specification can be found on xorg-devel. The X Gesture Extension provides an interface
    for X clients to register and receive primitive gesture events and an interface for these clients to act as a gesture engine.
    Peter Hutterer is the Xorg developer who has been responsible for developing xf86-input-wacom for Xservers 1.7 and up. He's on record as objecting to the gestures code in linuxwacom/xf86-input-wacom, because he wanted standardized code, not different code for each driver. He allowed it to be included "temporarily" because there wasn't an alternative. Looks like now there is.

Beans

Smile Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

This worked for my pen and touch:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/wacom-bamb...ucid-lynx.html

Goto comment by:

ripps says:
    JUNE 16, 2010 AT 7:17 PM
    Hey guys, I’ve made a dkms packge that should allow people to build new wacom modules automatcially when new kernels are installed. I’d appreciate it people could test it for me.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ripps818/wacom; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install wacom-dkms

Beans

First of all: thanks to Favux for the great work you're doing!

Stylus is working!
    Touch, with the wcmCommon.c workaround applied, is working as well, yet not perfectly. The cursor's not moving smoothly, but in steps of a few pixels when I try to control it with my fingers -- they're neither too dry, nor too oily!
    At first, I thought this is a configuration issue. So I started playing around with xsetwacom.
    xorg.0.log shows bottomX and bottomY as 740 and 500. Changing these values seems to have no effect while in "relative" mode. But it DOES in "absolute" mode. That is, setting these values to 370x250 (/2) makes the cursor move in larger steps, while doubling these values makes the touch pad only use about half the screen -- 1680x1050 here.

"Absolute" mode aside -- who uses a touch pad in that mode? --, let me raise a few questions.
    Could this be some kind of resolution problem? The cursor precision should increase when you move your fingers slower, right? On the other hand, it should decrease at a higher speed. Sounds like the "acceleration" value, which you can specify for every mouse?
    Obviously, the cursor moves further, when I move my finger faster. Yet, when I draw a line on the tablet from top-left -- cursor on screen, and finger on pad -- to bottom right really slow, the cursor follows just like in "absolute" mode. To me, it looks like the cursor can't move slow enough, or that the driver doesn't interpret these slow speeds properly.

Maybe this helps solving this issue.

- draziw -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello,

I have just setup a bamboo Touch CTT460 (no pen touch only). I used the instructions from this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...09&postcount=1

I am using Lucid Lynx. Everything is working as its suppose to accept if I move my finger across the pad to quickly the cursor just stops dead. I have to move my finger a bit slow to move the cursor. Anyone else having this issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi vmatherly,

Did you try the fix (described in blue text near top of HOW TO) in post #110 or Troubleshooting?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi vmatherly,

Did you try the fix (described in blue text near top of HOW TO) in post #110 or Troubleshooting?

I did, or at least I thought I did. I went bank and rebuilt the xdriver with the fix and its working fine now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi everybody, I'm back

That's not an issue, my tablet is working just fine.

I'd like to run a script I made (to set my preferences with xsetwacom) each time I plug in my tablet.

For now, I have to run the script each time I plug the tablet because some settings I really dislike (like TPCButton on)

I'm sure it is possible (everything is possible on Ubuntu) to make this script run automatically on every plugging of my tablet.

It is not useful to run it on my login since I have a laptop, so I boot the computer, get my stuff out, plug the tablet later, sometimes I unplug/plug and it sets back the original settings.

Thanks

Beans

The installation through the tutorials here used to work until some weeks ago. Now, I get my bamboo pen working, but I cannot set its mode to relative anymore, with the

xsetwacom --set "Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen" mode relative

command anymore (it used to work until very recently).

The problem now is:

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request: 140 (XInputExtension)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_SetDeviceMode)
    Serial number of failed request: 17
    Current serial number in output stream: 17

Also, although the device is listed with

xinput --list:

xinput --list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen id=8 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Finger id=9 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ USB Optical Mouse id=10 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ HID-compliant Mouse HID-compliant Mouse id=11 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Apple, Inc Apple Keyboard id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Apple, Inc Apple Keyboard id=13 [slave keyboard (3)]

The device is not listed with the "xsetwacom --list dev" command. I must note, furthermore, that the "xinput set-mode 8 relative" doesn't work either.

Any idea on how to fix this recent new issue?

Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast