Thread: Using the mouse scroll wheel at edge of screen to switch workspaces...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Using the mouse scroll wheel at edge of screen to switch workspaces...

This was the default behaviour for the last few releases of Ubuntu and it doesn't appear to be for Karmic. What happened? That was really handy. Anyone know how I can get that functionality back?

Beans

Re: Using the mouse scroll wheel at edge of screen to switch workspaces...

I was just wondering where this went to in karmic too. The best way I could figure out how to get it to work is under:

Compiz Config Settings Manager > Viewport Switcher > Desktop-based Viewport Switcher > Move Prev

and set that to Button4, which on my mouse is scroll wheel up and Move Next to Button5, scroll wheel down.
    That will work on the desktop, but if you want to switch with other windows fullscreen, set

Rotate Cube > Bindings > Rotate Left to <LeftEdge><RightEdge>Button4 and Rotate Right to <LeftEdge><RightEdge>Button5.

That should work, minus the viewport switcher window coming up like it used to.
    Last edited by EvilZero65; November 9th, 2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: buttons swapped, fixed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

It is under Desktop --> Viewport Switcher-->Desktopbased viewport switcher tab. Change the values of Move Next to Button4 and Move Prev to Button5.
    How can I use a signature in forums?

Beans

Thanks Hariks0!