Thread: U1 doesn't connect at logon

Beans

U1 doesn't connect at logon

I have connect on start set to automatically, but it gives me the !cloud at logon. I can click on the icon, then select connect, and everything works.

I should also mention that I have a computer at work that I leave on, but I lock my session when I am not there (I have tasks that run in the background 24/7.) Can a user be logged into U1 on different machines simultaneously?

Any ideas on how to get it to connect automatically?
    Support 7z in default installs!!!: Click Here

How to use code blocks to post command output: Click Here
    Official Ubuntu Documentation

Beans

Re: U1 doesn't connect at logon

Mine does the same thing. I just ignore it at this point.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

George Santayana (1863–1952)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by lavinog View Post
    I have connect on start set to automatically, but it gives me the !cloud at logon. I can click on the icon, then select connect, and everything works.

I should also mention that I have a computer at work that I leave on, but I lock my session when I am not there (I have tasks that run in the background 24/7.) Can a user be logged into U1 on different machines simultaneously?

Any ideas on how to get it to connect automatically?
    First, you should be able to connect automatically. Since Ubuntu One is not connecting automatically for you, please file a bug (if you haven't already) by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client and selecting "Report a Problem". Please include any details you can in that bug report that might help us narrow down the cause of the problem.

You can be logged into Ubuntu One on different machines at the same time.

Thank you,

Joshua

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi Joshua,

Just a question: Is it really worth it to file a bug when all we can really do at this point is pile on? I've filed bugs, and considered filing a more in-depth bugs on this in launchpad, but there are already similar bugs that have been filed. The responses so far have failed to solve the problem -- like quitting the application and restarting. That works for the user's session, but not permanently.

Is there a reason why Ubuntu One just can't seem to connect upon boot? Prior to Karmic it did, but it no longer accomplishes this basic task on either wireless or wired setups. Honestly, right now Ubuntu One is more or less a rebranded drop-in replacement for Drop Box (until some more features are added), and Drop Box starts at boot every time.

Because of this and an Ubuntu One disaster this summer that lost work in one of those "conflict" mishaps, I'm still waiting to actually use Ubuntu One. (I had the conflicted files backed up in Drop Box and on my desktop, but it was still not a happy-making experience.)

So, back to my previous questions -- in short:

• Is it worth piliing on with the same bug report, or would that just annoy developers, and
    • Any idea if/when this basic functionality will be available, or should we stick with Drop Box?

I know this question will come off sounding harsh, but I'm just looking for the application that works.
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joshuahoover View Post
    First, you should be able to connect automatically. Since Ubuntu One is not connecting automatically for you, please file a bug (if you haven't already) by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client and selecting "Report a Problem". Please include any details you can in that bug report that might help us narrow down the cause of the problem.

You can be logged into Ubuntu One on different machines at the same time.

Thank you,

Joshua
    Is there a log that would state why it doesn't connect? Lately it started connecting automatically, but today it didn't.
    Does u1 try to reconnect at a later time if a network is not detected at logon?
    Support 7z in default installs!!!: Click Here

How to use code blocks to post command output: Click Here
    Official Ubuntu Documentation