Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cairo dock missing icons in opengl mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Cairo dock missing icons in opengl mode

I just installed Karmic and Cairo-dock from repos. The standard Cairo (w/o Opengl) works ok. The Opengl Cairo works and all but it is missing some icons, like my switcher, trash, show desktop, the clock face, etc. Anything, I can do about this, I am new with Cairo. I know this is not OpenGL related, bec other icons appear and work.

Please help, OpenGL looks better than standard Cairo.

Thanks.

Francis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Cairo dock missing icons in opengl mode

I just discovered that the missing icons come from the Desktop section of the configuration. Anything I activate there does not appear to have an icon. I can't find an icon for it. Where can I locate the icons for dustbin, switcher, etc. Does not matter what theme i use, it just doesn't show.

Attach screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

try with indirect rendering, it works for most of Intel cards at the moment.
    Code:
    cairo-dock -o -i

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thanks for trying to help but it did not work, I still don't have icons for Desktop utilities

Beans

what if you detach them as desklets ?
    anyway this seems a driver issue, you may want install the latest one, and if the problem persists, to report it to the devs of your drivers to help improve them.

Beans

I'm sorry for bringing this old thread up again, but I've got the same problem and found this thread while searching for an answer.
    Exactly the same here, if I launch cairo-dock in OpenGL-Mode, the icons for applets like the recycle-bin and else are missing, the non-Open-GL-mode works perfectly. May also interesting, if I change an applet's icon it's showed like it should.
    Anyone knows how to solve this issue?
    Currently using Ubuntu 9.10 on an Thinkpad R51 2888 with an Intel-82852/855 graphics-chip (like sysinfo said) with the latest driver from x-swat-ppa.

Beans

start the dock with
    Code:
    cairo-dock -oi
    the reason is that your graphic card drivers don't support OpenGL completely

Beans

Well, I have the same problem as described here... after upgrading to Lucid, it works fine in non opengl mode, missing dust bin, show desktop icon, ... in opengl mode.

The -oi (or -o -i) doesn't change anything. And if it was a driver issue... what is special about these icons... the others are showing, don't tell me cairo dock use another code path to show these icons, as the effects and looks are just the same as the others that show up.

I have an ati card and i use the free driver radeon (not fglrx). Compiz works with it (did not before lucid)

Beans

BUMP!

This is also happening to me, running cairo-dock in 'no opengl' works fine but 'with opengl' it doesn't displayu the 'show desktop', 'recycle bin' and weather applet icons!

Its very irritating so if anyone could provide some help that would be great!

Beans

that's a driver problem, you can't do much about it;
    I guess you have an ATI card with free drivers ? in this case you can report the problem to the devs, it may help them improving their soft.
    Refresh your desktop with GLX-Dock !
    Installation of the latest stable version for Ubuntu in 1 copy-paste :
    http://www.glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?...sitory&lang=en

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast