Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Logo" for My Custom Ubuntu Based "Distro"

Beans

Re: "Logo" for My Custom Ubuntu Based "Distro"

Quote Originally Posted by dr belka View Post
    this was the best lol i have had today

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” – Albert Einstein.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Just awesome

What are you going to name it as?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by purplewakanda View Post
    Just awesome

What are you going to name it as?
    Thanks, dude. I want to include the word Sunshine in there, cuz that is my nickname (remember the titans). I also think that I would be able to incorporate the logo to look like an "S" to be in the text of the logo.

The prevailing idea right now is "Sunshine Linux". I also had this thought to call it SunOS, but one of my friends "working" on this with me brought to mind that Sun Microsystems might not like that in the off chance that this "distro" ever actually becomes something.

But I am open to ideas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I like all of the colors and the general look of the logo. I took a graphic Design class in High School and am considering pursueing it as a career. So yeah I think it is really cool. I like the use of Blue and Purple with a little bit of gold. The pink in the middle is also really cool.

Hope the programming/ having your own distro thing works out as I am a burnt out programmmer. Who has decided to stick with graphics and Web Design.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Belka View Post
    Thanks, dude. I want to include the word Sunshine in there, cuz that is my nickname (remember the titans). I also think that I would be able to incorporate the logo to look like an "S" to be in the text of the logo.

The prevailing idea right now is "Sunshine Linux". I also had this thought to call it SunOS, but one of my friends "working" on this with me brought to mind that Sun Microsystems might not like that in the off chance that this "distro" ever actually becomes something.

But I am open to ideas
    Regardless, I think it's time to pull out some other languages so that you can name this right and not infringe on copyright issues.

How about...

"Linux, nisshoujikan!!" as the slogan.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dark joev View Post
    I like all of the colors and the general look of the logo. I took a graphic Design class in High School and am considering pursueing it as a career. So yeah I think it is really cool. I like the use of Blue and Purple with a little bit of gold. The pink in the middle is also really cool.

Hope the programming/ having your own distro thing works out as I am a burnt out programmmer. Who has decided to stick with graphics and Web Design.
    Thank you very much! The positive-ness makes me feel like less of an amateur. I too like that color palette but I totally got it from this wallpaper. See the resemblance.

I love graphics and web design. I started doing web design and the graphic work that comes along with it, and I was introduced to GIMP and I loved it. I had never heard of free software before, so I kept looking up and using free software since that time. I finally wondered if there a whole free OS out there and when I googled "free OS", Ubuntu was the first thing to pop up and here I am now

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Regardless, I think it's time to pull out some other languages so that you can name this right and not infringe on copyright issues.

How about...

"Linux, nisshoujikan!!" as the slogan.
    Lol, what does this even mean? ha ha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

I made a usplash theme for Sunshine Linux. I also customized the default desktop a bit. Pay extra attention to the panel at the bottom

Three things I cannot figure out how to do:

1. When you move the mouse after the screen has locked, you see a background image (mine says #! CRUNCHBANG) right before the dialog pops up asking you for your password. I cannot figure out where this image is or how to change it.

2. I notice that some distros, like mint, have customized grub splash that are installed by default. I know how to make a grub splash image, but I cannot figure out how to add it to the to cd in such a way that it uses my configuration by default after the install.

3. I guess this isn't really and art/design related question, but here'goes... I notice that when I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on the machine that had Crunchbang installed on it already the grub that was installed by ubuntu recognized that there was a "Crunchbang 9.04" installation on /dev/sdaX. How do I change that so the system is recognized as something else?

Anyway, heres the stuff I made (except for the grub splash) Not bad, for and alpha, if I don't say so myself. The one on the left is the uplash, the other are just random screen shots.
    Last edited by Dr Belka; November 27th, 2009 at 01:06 AM.

Beans

It looks nice, but a purple highlight instead of a red would probably suit your distro better :}

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” – Albert Einstein.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Belka View Post
    I made a usplash theme for Sunshine Linux. I also customized the default desktop a bit. Pay extra attention to the panel at the bottom

Three things I cannot figure out how to do:

1. When you move the mouse after the screen has locked, you see a background image (mine says #! CRUNCHBANG) right before the dialog pops up asking you for your password. I cannot figure out where this image is or how to change it.

2. I notice that some distros, like mint, have customized grub splash that are installed by default. I know how to make a grub splash image, but I cannot figure out how to add it to the to cd in such a way that it uses my configuration by default after the install.

3. I guess this isn't really and art/design related question, but here'goes... I notice that when I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on the machine that had Crunchbang installed on it already the grub that was installed by ubuntu recognized that there was a "Crunchbang 9.04" installation on /dev/sdaX. How do I change that so the system is recognized as something else?

Anyway, heres the stuff I made (except for the grub splash) Not bad, for and alpha, if I don't say so myself. The one on the left is the uplash, the other are just random screen shots.
    Looks good so far. Only thing I have to say is that considering the name is Sunshine Linux, its kinda dark.

Edit -> Also are these mockups or do you actually have an iso? If you do I wouldn't mind taking a firsthand look at it in Virtualbox.
    Yesterday it worked.
    Today it is not working.
    Windows is like that.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Incendia View Post
    It looks nice, but a purple highlight instead of a red would probably suit your distro better :}
    Right you are my friend. Ill go edit the gtk stuff. Besides that, I am looking for a nice icon theme that would go well with the theme... Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapirate89 View Post
    Looks good so far. Only thing I have to say is that considering the name is Sunshine Linux, its kinda dark.

Edit -> Also are these mockups or do you actually have an iso? If you do I wouldn't mind taking a firsthand look at it in Virtualbox.
    I don't have the iso yet, Im just figuring out all of the changes I want to make and writing them down as I go. They are not mockups, its just my current desktop. The changes are rather minor. I would equate Sunshine Linux to #! Linux as Mint is to Ubuntu; not really that different. I appreciate your willingness to test it out. Ill let you know whenever I get around to finishing the thing.

Yeah, I guess it is kinda dark... Lol, I guess I like dark themes better. Its only called Sunshine Linux cuz thats... umm... what they call me...

The two pics below are of my class ring and letter jacket...

Im a blonde kid who plays football; you get the idea...

Anyway, I think I have got a lead on problem number 2 mentioned before. I think the thing that controls the appearance of GRUB, as installed by Linux Mint 7, is called gfxmenu. I have to figure out how to work that thing... However, the Linux Mint GRUB I used to find this out is weird in that it won't "honor" any of the changes I make to its menu.lst. weird.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast